UberSub

Paducah Home Theater

That dual-opposed subwoofer setup alone is probably $50,000.  Those subs are $20K, amps are $10K, but the amps are customized by an OEM and likely bought before Speakerpower went internet direct, plus those custom enclosures, then had to pay somebody to install and adjust everything.  That doesn't even count the 8 powered ones on the wall or the two 24's under the seats.  If somebody said he had 75+ grand tied up in subs alone I wouldn't bat an eye.  

If he got all that for half a million I'd say that's probably the hookup price for friends.  A turnkey solution like that could easily be over 1 million.  

Post 72.  Less than 3% distortion at 116 db... at 5 hz.  

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/2523385-rob-hahn-theater-build-3.html#post45614081

The most interesting thing was the air vault.  The room is entirely sealed up and that doesn't just mean the doors are closed.  He's basically sitting in a giant sealed sub enclosure.  

19 minutes ago, ryanm84 said:

The screen size is awesome.

Just to put it in perspective, his screen is almost exactly 4 times bigger than this frame I just built. :)  I was just goofing off to see if I could drive my jeep through it.  

13876637_10153997664424401_7975957991177

• Like 1

I better have a lot of movies  to watch for that kind of investment.  Wait, I can't and will never make that kind of investment in a cinema room, lol.  Oh well, time to get the 13 in. B&W TV and hook it up to a Capehart stereo for some real home theater.

On 08/12/2016 at 11:19 AM, babadono said:

Awesome set up fo' sho'  Lots of specs on equipment except the most important one, how much $?

I know, I know if you have to ask......

The Pre/Pro running everything is only $31,500... Which is a relative bargain compared to the $60,000 Sony 4K projector.

http://www.trinnov.com/products/home-theater/altitude32/introduction-altitude32/?lang=en_us

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/trinnov-altitude32-av-preamplifierprocessor

First thank you very much for the post, I haven't had this much fun in a thread in a while!

Cost is obviously no object in this case, which is great.  As a designer, that would be exactly what you would want and hope for a few times in your life, the chance to spend whatever it takes to make it perfect.  I would not want to be invited over for a movie however as once I saw something in that "home" theater I'd never want anything else.

Once I reached the point where I started reading that the floor is decoupled from the rest I began to feel sick thinking that even in my wildest dreams I couldn't even think up some of the design touches put into this.  LOL this is above the garage??????????????  Wouldn't mind seeing the garage next....lol

• Like 1