pairing klipsch speakers

owen

iam new to this and I have a few klipsch speakers,i have forte,quartet, forte 11,chorus 1 and a forte 1 with crites diaphragm.I just got the chorus ,sometimes i play them together with the forte 11.sometimes the forte 11 sounds better by themselves.my question is how many of you have paired up different speakers with the klipsh and what were the results.my room is 16x33.. 

Hi Owen, welcome to the forum.  Your collection of speakers is quite nice, and they are all of a somewhat similar "configuration", if you will, although of course of differing sizes, etc.  Certainly, where you place them is very important, as all will sound "better" closer (but not directly against) a wall or corner.  I would simply experiment with combinations, and use different combinations of music to evaluate those.  Watch what might be in front of the speakers, like a couch, chairs, tables, etc, as that will affect your evaluation.   I know it's not easy to move those beasts around....Most important thing is to have fun with it!!

• Like 1

Well, the obvious differences between them are the forte II and Quartet share the same tractrix mid horns.  Which ones sound better to you and how they work in your room is another story.

Nice collection of extended Heritage!  (Do the caps in the networks.)

I love the forte 11 but when I want to hear the kick pedal on the drums and for 3 member band like cream or other heavy rockers the chorus adds so much more uumph along with the forte 11.but on some of nils lofgren stuff I just love to hear the forte 11 sing.when the music has piano rythm guitar,lead guitar,sax and gets complicated the forte 11 does better on its own.Iwas wondering how any of my speakers would pair up with chorus 11 or la scala.

Yeah i have been thinking about that.Lately i do not see a whole lot of klipsch for sale on craigs,got the chorus 1 for 500.00 and the forte 11 for 480.00

but I would love to hear a pair of chorus 11..Ebay shipping will kill you.it took a year to get what i got.But i think my next will be the chorus 11..I grew up listening with a pair of 15 inch altecs..and now it seems something is missing without a 15 woofer I got snell c/v paired up with polk ls 70 and a lot of people who come over here thinks thats is my best combination.I like them but i gravitate towards the forte 11 and chorus 1

• Like 1

yamaha m 40  have pairs of all the ones listed,chorus,quartet,forte1 and 11,I hear so much about the cornscala and was wondering if i got another pair of klipsch speakers,like maybe the la scala i could get a better sound by pairing them.I am unable to get around so i can't go out all the time to look at other speakers,so i thought you all could help me.out

have just the yamaha m 40 playing the forte and chorus,sometimes they sound great together,sometimes the forte by themselves sound better,sometimes the forte and quartet sound really good,but i do not get the added bass from the chorus.mostly just play cd,streaming music ,it just seems like you are missing so much.I thought everything sounded good untill i went out and saw a live band.Every instrument was so detailed and crisp that is what iam after that sound..I will take all the advice location of speakers,diferent amp i have no preamp.I apreciate you guys taking the time..thank you.does anyone out there pair up a la scala and a chorus11?to me and what i have heard might be a awesome combo.

The Yamaha m40 is a great 120 watt power channel amp, that allows you to hook up 3 sets of speakers to do an a+b+c comparison, or play multiple sets of speakers at the same time (with a sacrifice on wattage, of course). My father and I spent this afternoon doing comparisons on speakers using this amp. We compared kg5.2+kg5.5+klf10. The kg5.2 sounded very neutral, but no bass compared to the other 2, especially the klf10. We started playing mad scientist and disconnected the wires for the tweeter on the klf10, reinstalled the horn, and played the klf10's and the kg5.2's at the same time. This sounded amazing. I believe this type of scenario is what Owen is talking about when he wants to pair speakers together.

• Like 2

The most live sounding speakers I have are the LaScalas. I didn't see them in your list. There is a steep roll-off starting at about 60Hz. Just enough for a nice kickdrum sound. Since the LS has a horn loaded bass bin as well as horns for the midrange and tweeter, it is among the most natural sounding Klipsch. You can step up into bigger speakers with the Jubilee and the Cinema offerings, but for consumer level it's the LaScala and if you have the room for it Klipschorns.

• Like 2