pairing klipsch speakers

owen

dtr20:what was your volume turned up to when you were doing your test on the different set of klipsch speakers?I was told that my m40 amp was up to specs when i bought it.I run mine at around 12 and it takes it to about 84db.

4 hours ago, owen said:

dtr20:what was your volume turned up to when you were doing your test on the different set of klipsch speakers?I was told that my m40 amp was up to specs when i bought it.I run mine at around 12 and it takes it to about 84db.

I have a denon home theater receiver acting as a preamp for my m40. The left and right volume on the m40 I have at full volume and my receiver handles the rest. I'm not sure if this answers your question. I didn't test the db volume.

15 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I have a denon home theater receiver acting as a preamp for my m40. The left and right volume on the m40 I have at full volume and my receiver handles the rest. I'm not sure if this answers your question. I didn't test the db volume.

That was what I did with the M 70 and M 80 Yamaha amps.  Turn the volume on the amps all the way up and let the avr regulate things.  This was auto EQ could set everthing to around 75 db. during the calibration process.

I think you will eventually find one set of your speakers to be your favorite.  It may take a while but, one of them will win out over the others.  You can always use the rest of the speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 setup for a nice HT.

• Like 1

i have taken the advice offered here plus i started reading other post.i got my seating with the 38% rule,my fortes and chorus are now on 4x4 wood post with a 1/2 plywood top.I swear some of the boominess from the bass has dissapeared the over all sound is much better.i also had someone move the speakers while i listened to them and they have been re positioned.I cant believe how all of this added to the quality of the sound.i do not know the technical stuff like you  guys .all i know is the sound is so much better.thanks for the help i appreciate it

• Like 3