Bass on Wisa setup

Goddur

Started out with bookend speakers and was experiencing heavy base on them so much so it was hard to hear the voices. Contacted Klipsch and they told me to upgrade to the new firmware this was done. Still had the heavy base I mean it was not enjoyable and again contacted Klipsch and they responded ; the bookend speakers were carrying all the bass and were being overwhelmed I might want to add the bass or sub woofer. So I added the sound bar (hopefully for more base dispersion) and the sub-woofer.

After adding and setting up the sub woofer and soundbar,  the bookend and soundbar were still carrying the majority of the bass and only when intense explosions (sounds) are generated by the source does the bass come over the sub-woofers. So much so it is just crazy loud.

Is there no way to balance speech with loud generating bass sounds like explosions, earthquakes, etc. Tried the limited adjustments in the menus area but to no avail. 

Am I missing something or does the sound system; Hub, bookend speakers, soundbar and sub woofer, need an equalizer?

Love the idea WISA is venturing into just hope can get some level of balance.

Yes the sound bar is the center set of speakers. As far I can see there is a low volume setting (on/off) for the sub-woofer but nothing rally dramatic happens when tested.

Now there is an adjustment for each speaker in which static noise is use to allow the adjuster to hear the difference and  increase or decrease levels for each speaker  but again once you test there is not real difference. Really the only time you actually hear the sub-woofer is when there is an explosion or some other same type sound, most times it is to loud doesn't seem to be a happy middle ground.

I'm sorry i can't help more. this wisa stuff is for a certain category of consumers. its an all in one solution. and all in ones are never as user friendly or adjustable as separate pieces of gear. i would suggest reading the manual and seeing if there is any way possible to set speakers to "small" so not as much bass is sent to them and more to the sub. 

ok i did some reading in the manual and watched the 38 second setup video on youtube. seems there is no way to change any kind of settings. this stuff is very expensive, and if you are even SLIGHTLY unhappy i would box it all up and take it back. you can get much more for your money if you can stand a few wires. my opinion of course. i have heard the full 5.1 system at a Nebraska furniture mart locally and i was not impressed even a little with the system. 

15 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

ok i did some reading in the manual and watched the 38 second setup video on youtube. seems there is no way to change any kind of settings. this stuff is very expensive, and if you are even SLIGHTLY unhappy i would box it all up and take it back. you can get much more for your money if you can stand a few wires. my opinion of course. i have heard the full 5.1 system at a Nebraska furniture mart locally and i was not impressed even a little with the system. 

Yes sending back would be nice but at this point I am all in with this system and will continue to see what innovations are pushed out to the few which have walked the R&D path. Maybe as more go this route, if they do, more firmware updates will be received hopefully they will solve the problem at hand. Thank you for you input appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

• 2 weeks later...

The HD Wireless doesn't have a menu for setting the crossover and speaker sizes.  Those details are stored in the speaker and are retrieved by the hub when you pair the speakers.  Our acoustic engineers set those parameters when we designed the system.  What it sounds like is the subwoofer is assigned as something other than a sub or isn't paired.  If there isn't a speaker assigned as a subwoofer then your RP-140WM will have bass routed to it.  The hub sets up the decoders based on the speakers it sees in the system.

You can confirm the small/large and crossover frequency by looking at the speaker status menu.  Press 'menu', then select 'status', then "speaker status".  You can scroll left and right to see each speaker's settings.  Check which channel your RP-110WSW is assigned to.  If its something other than "subwoofer", you'll need to reassign it.  Let us know what you find.  If you find you need to change the channel assignment for the RP-110WSW, you can do that in the 'advanced', 'advanced speaker actions', 'move speakers' menu.

• 1 month later...

Been busy with other projects and guess I don't have an email alert for this site so didn't see the response. Will check out he "speaker status" and let  you know. Was wondering how we know when there has been an update to the firmware?

Thank you.

On 9/6/2016 at 8:00 AM, catbus said:

The HD Wireless doesn't have a menu for setting the crossover and speaker sizes.  Those details are stored in the speaker and are retrieved by the hub when you pair the speakers.  Our acoustic engineers set those parameters when we designed the system.  What it sounds like is the subwoofer is assigned as something other than a sub or isn't paired.  If there isn't a speaker assigned as a subwoofer then your RP-140WM will have bass routed to it.  The hub sets up the decoders based on the speakers it sees in the system.

You can confirm the small/large and crossover frequency by looking at the speaker status menu.  Press 'menu', then select 'status', then "speaker status".  You can scroll left and right to see each speaker's settings.  Check which channel your RP-110WSW is assigned to.  If its something other than "subwoofer", you'll need to reassign it.  Let us know what you find.  If you find you need to change the channel assignment for the RP-110WSW, you can do that in the 'advanced', 'advanced speaker actions', 'move speakers' menu.

Here are the results from the Speaker Status window:

Channel                 Subwooder

Name                    Klipsch-110WSW

Size                       N/A

Crossover             N/A

MCU Firmware     1.0.10

RXFirmware        198.03

Amplifier              RP-110WSW

Mac Address   .