SOLD: Klipsch Heresy 2 Central AR

avguytx

I've got a pair of Heresy 2's that aren't getting used although they do sound great.  They are stock drivers and crossovers but are missing grill emblems and one of the Velcro pieces on the top right corner.  Also, these were missing tags on the back so I can't date them with serial numbers.  Being round terminal cup H2's I would figure them to be earlier models?  The cabinets are a little rough here and there and wouldn't hurt to have a new layer of veneer on them.  But, they oil up nicely and are presentable.  New Heritage emblems can be ordered from Klipsch for pretty reasonable or there are the higher priced ones on the auction site.  

I'm asking $400 for forum members and I am located in central AR about 45 minutes northeast of Little Rock.  Yes, I can ship them and ship them right but do count on it being about $100+ for the pair after you consider shipping, good Uhaul boxes and polystyrene for proper packing.  Could also meet up a reasonable distance.  Just let me know if any questions.

20160814_141717%20800x483_zpsxmo4i6hz.jp

20160814_141811%20800x531_zpsmzqfwwgj.jp

20160814_141942%20800x488_zps9ychwsby.jp

20160814_141838%20800x580_zpsl48dq6zn.jp

20160814_141737%20800x538_zpspwld9cvt.jp

20160814_141957%20645x800_zpsdzbzzuyt.jp

20160814_142007%20652x800_zpsoxwnphce.jp

• Like 1

Residential shipping using my Fedex account is right around the $100/pr range plus about $20 for good uHaul boxes and then $10 to $14 for a 4x8 sheet of foam or polystyrene from Lowes to layer them.  It's so hard to find the right size in a box and you have to whittle something down so it's not too big where they start upping the price for the size.  That's figuring a box about 28 x 24 x 20 each and weight of 45lbs.  But could be a little less once packed up.  So maybe $125 for shipping and parts.  I try to be fair and never make anything on shipping, I'd rather things get there safe.

AVguy, I have both options available. My wife's business has a dock so it may be less for delivery that route....however my *** gets kicked that much faster since it is in fact my wife's work..

Let me think about this one. Thanks!

• Like 1

Has anyone ever looked into what it would cost to take a pair of Heresy's to Fedex, and have THEM do the pack and ship thing?  Fedex has really gotten into the "We'll do it for you" mode.....In all of their Fedex Office locations, they have very prominently displayed all of their super heavy duty boxes....Just a thought.

Jim, I haven't Heresy. I have let let UPS pack and ship several other smaller speakers such as RB5, RC7, RS7 and such. What I was told by them when I made claim on a RC64 that they damage is if they packed it, it was easier to collect. I had insurance but it took a few weeks of fighting to get them to agree to pay. 

Yep, that would be a part of the equation for sure.....We continually see horror stories of damaged goods reaching their destinations, and I gotta wonder if it really isn't better to let the "experts" pack it and ship it.....and what the real upcharge is to do that.....