Mounting a center channel speaker (RC-64II)

KillerGurt

Hi guys,

I am expecting to receive my new speakers soon (RF-7II's + RC-64II + RP-250S) and the challenge that I am facing is how to position my center channel speaker.

Unfortunately, my current multimedia console does not have enough room to accommodate such a large center speaker.

I have an 85" TV standing on top of the multimedia console and I was thinking to mount the speaker on top of the TV. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this even a good idea? even if I manage to do it, the speaker is going to be positioned quite high (about 6 feet above the floor) due to the size of the TV.

2. Does anyone know of a good way to mount such a large speaker on top of a TV? I can always install a shelf on the wall behind it but trying to avoid drilling more holes in the walls if I can.

Thank you for your help!

Looking at the console, I would consider making a stand with a few sections to put stuff in along with the RC 64.  Then just place the 10 inch or so stand on the console.  I'm sure you will get other ideals.  I am not a fan of mounting the center speaker on top of the TV.  It moves it to far from the tweeter on the floorstanders.

• Moderators

My previous setup had the RC-64 up high angled downwards.  With it a lot higher than the mains, you will definitely know it's "up there".  It wasn't horrible, I just always knew the sound was coming from above my projection screen.

Have you considered placing the TV directly on the speaker?

I know my son's TV is MUCH smaller than yours, just a suggestion.

Klipsch-RF-7-and-RC-64ii-2.jpg

10 hours ago, Youthman said:

Exactly Bill!  When did you move it under the TV?  I bet you like it much better there.

About a year or so ago.  I do like it better but I want to tilt it up just a hair instead of straight out.  It is in perfect alignment with my ears when I am reclining back but sitting upright it shoots a little lower.

Bill

Hey guys, thank you for the suggestions.

The TV weighs 120+ pounds, I think it might me too much for the speaker, I am concerned it will crush (or dent) it over time.

On a different note, does anyone know any multimedia console or a furniture that I can buy and can accommodate all my components? (as seen in the picture).

35 minutes ago, KillerGurt said:

Speakers are finally here! those RF-7II are monsters!

Quick question: how do I remove the terminal caps at the back of the speakers (image attached)? I want to connect my speaker cables using bananas.

Thank you so much!

IMG_1701.JPG

You beat me to the trigger.:o

What he said.

Bill