Sold

mark1101

Trying to gauge interest in my KPT-305 mid-bass modules.  Essentially, these are K402 horns in a 3/4" plywood box.  Stock units with no mods built in Hope.  They have sat where you see them in the pictures since I got them new from Klipsch in August 2010.

They have an 8" "driver in a can" mounted on them and are spec'd by Klipsch to play from 150-900hz +/- 3db, handling 200wpc.

If you choose not to use them as midbass modules, you can simply remove the driver and install your own 2" driver and you have a pair of K402 "horns in a box".  I have seen many different attempts to box in a pair of K402s.  Here is the factory built boxes with the horns already in them.

I paid $3600 for them and will sell for $2300 (firm)................but I am not shipping these.  Sorry.  You have to pick up at my home or we can arrange a meeting somewhere.  I would probably drive up to around 80 miles (Atlanta area) to be fair.

They are perfect condition and have always been used with my home audio equipment in HVAC conditions in my house, and no smoking.

MCM-4_2.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the complement.  I am enjoying it.

But I will sell you the whole thing.  Make me an offer.  If someone puts the money in my hand everything is for sale.  I took years to build this setup and what I learned along the way is invaluable.  I could build it again if I had to.

I am considering selling the 305s if I were to make a few changes to the setup.  I am considering going 100% analog and a 3-way is easier to build passive networks for.

If I was in the market for a pair of K402 horns, the 305s would be my choice.  The enclosures are beautiful.  Typical Klipsch pro styling, open backed, terminal strips on top, heavy duty rubber feet.

On 08/16/2016 at 8:54 AM, mark1101 said:

Yes, those are 684s.  I agree they look a little small.

Wow, I'm surprised.  I figured there were folks wanting a pair of 402s in a box.  I'll have to put them in my back room with my other toys and proceed.  :)

I'd love a pair as well, to go on top of my LaScalas... but the timing is off and I have no budget either. The trip over on I-20 (from Dallas) would be the easiest part of the problem to solve.

I am confused about something (and others may be also).

The The K-402 in a box gets mated with a small woofer (I think it is 8 inch) in your configuration. Does that version of the K-402 also accept a 2 inch throated compression driver? In that case it could be used as "regular K-402" . Am I  correct or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

The The K-402 in a box gets mated with a small woofer (I think it is 8 inch) in your configuration. Does that version of the K-402 also accept a 2 inch throated compression driver? In that case it could be used as "regular K-402" . Am I  correct or am I missing something?

I "assumed" that the 8" "driver in a can" was an adapter.  I could absolutely be wrong too.

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

It's a stock K402.  Can be used either as is.....a 305 MB module, or remove the can and install your own 2" driver.

Get'em while you can.  When they go to the new 308 (which they may have already)  the throat is drilled out like the old XII and it's a whole new horn.

Do you mean to tell me that the 8" driver is 'squoze' through a 2" throat inside that box?? Ah, reading your last post, I see that the old XII (that was a 12" correct?) was the one where they lopped off the throat, perhaps put a slot in there- I forget? 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...