WHAT HAPPENED HERE!!!!!

I've been busy on some other forums and the few times I have logged onto here I have quickly jumped off. I can't stand this new forum setup, it's annoying as hell. Took me awhile just to figure out how to write a post to complain about it. And WTF is with that damn pop up that keeps telling me to receive forum notifications, no easy way to shut it off. I'll be spending my time back over on AK and the Altec forums. I'll check back in once in a while, maybe this will get fixed.

For the administrator, check what AK is using, now that's in another whole league as far as forum software.

Rant over, carry on.

BillWojo

8 hours ago, BillWojo said:

For the administrator, check what AK is using, now that's in another whole league as far as forum software.

Rant over, carry on. --BillWojo

Hi Bill, I know we haven't seen you in a while, and yes, there have been changes.

The upgrade to the latest forum was announced well in advance.  As a group, we don't have a good track record for liking changes, so you are not alone in your sentiments.

Speaking for myself I'd like to give things a chance.  Since Chad had to migrate literally millions of pieces of information to the new software, I assumed there would be glitches and there were.  The first priority would need to be to fix problems as they cropped up and get the forum stable.  After stability, some of the "user friendly" issues can be addressed.

There are some specific interface "look" issues I would like to see different, but IMO the look and feel stuff is a secondary issue, but important.  I have always found Chad responsive to members' input.  Again, for myself there is a time and place to address those issues.  Chad has already done some experimentation with the interface, putting some features in and then taking them out again as he gets feedback from posting members.

Bill, maybe this would be a good time and place for some suggestions.  A rant is always fun (not for Chad) but some specific suggestions might be more helpful to make the Klipsch forums your posting "home" for things audio.  For instance, there are two specific places on the front page where Members active on-line are listed.  One place is surely enough.

Make your suggestions.  What have you got to lose?

-Dave

Chad - FYI

I kinda like the changes.  It took a few days, but once I understood the differences I saw them as upgrades.

I also agree with Dave - we all are slow to change.

The best part of change is that you can always go back to where you once were if you don't like the change. (Almost always)

• Administrators

I'm not sure how it's harder to find things on this forum than it was... In fact, you have more options to find things. (Activity streams, improved faceted search, etc)

All the same subforums are still here, and listed like they were before August... The biggest changes (besides the color scheme) are the lack of "recent posts" at the top. I've tried to alleviate that somewhat using the tools available in the new software, so that should help some. I think if you were to give it some time you'd acclimate yourself to the changes like most here have.

• Like 1

Forum layout has changed, therefore things are not where I expect them to be.  Additionally, when I look for unread content, I see more than I want (thread title is fine) and have to scroll down to load more topics.  I don't use Apple computers for one reason being that I don't want to relearn how to use a computer. 

Having more doesn't make it easier.  ;)  You can tell me to do X all you want, I prefer the old version, just as I still prefer the old version of the previous forum I mentioned. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

Additionally, when I look for unread content, I see more than I want (thread title is fine) and have to scroll down to load more topics.

The good news is, you can totally customize this (very easily) in Activity Streams.

• Like 1

Well said Chad! You are setting a great example for the rest of us!

I am getting used to it now. The silver bullet is the "Unread Content" link just below the bell.

I am not a fan of all the gobbledygook before the actual "Forums". That is non-typical. I don't even look at the recent posts on the side because of the silver bullet.

I personally think you should do away with the "Featured Topics" and "Recent Topic Activity". The "Announcements" is a good thing which allows you to steer folks. Could there be a forum vote to see what others think?

Thanks again Chad

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, mustang guy said:

I personally think you should do away with the "Featured Topics" and "Recent Topic Activity". The "Announcements" is a good thing which allows you to steer folks. Could there be a forum vote to see what others think?

Not a bad idea, and one I've been thinking about as well...

• Like 1

The only thing I would like to see is a way to delete old pic's much easier.  I was near the 100 mb limit and had to delete a lot of pic's and after each deletion, I would loose the page and have to go back to my attachments.  From my attachment page if there was a way to delete multiple pic's at one time.  Something similar to deleting emails where you can delete multiple one and keep what you want to read.

3 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

The only thing I would like to see is a way to delete old pic's much easier.  I was near the 100 mb limit and had to delete a lot of pic's and after each deletion, I would loose the page and have to go back to my attachments.  From my attachment page if there was a way to delete multiple pic's at one time.  Something similar to deleting emails where you can delete multiple one and keep what you want to read.

You can sort by size then delete the big ones first. That will make bigger dents each time since it is one by one. 

Personally I use Imgur.com and post links to the pictures rather than uploading them to this site. At imgur I upload full size then post the link to the size I want:

Full (Click to see bigger size on this one):

lFnmYPq.jpg

Huge thumbnail

lFnmYPqh.jpg

Large Thumbnail:

lFnmYPql.jpg

Medium thumbnail:

lFnmYPqm.jpg

Small thumbnail:

lFnmYPqt.jpg

Big Square (160x160):

lFnmYPqb.jpg