RF25 and RB 35 tweeter replacement.

willum24

I know the original part is K137 for these, but I got some advice to install K138 which is the synergy F3 tweeter. I know it might not be an EXACT match to the other channel that is working on both sets I have, but will this get me back in business? Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The company I purchased the k138 from said it is a comparable replacement since the k137 is no longer available. I guess I will report back when I get it installed and let you know what I think. I may just replace both tweeters in one set so they sound the same...

I have a mixed set where my center channel in my family room theater is an RP250C while my fronts are R-28Fs....titanium center with aluminum fronts.

Yes, it will no doubt get you going. But yes, you will notice a difference in timber.   I do prefer the titanium but having said that it's not going to be OMG that's horrible unless you are a serious audiophile.

I would NOT proceed with what you're doing.  I would either find the one I need or comparable (in titanium), or I would change ALL the tweeters to be the same.   They aren't particularly expensive, just the tweeters, so that's my 2c. 

I just got it installed. It was definitely a blown tweeter in an rf25. The k138 is slightly tinnier than the k137 in the right channel. I'm going to order another one to match the pair and then place the other k137 in the rb35 tweeter that's out, so they're timbre matched. Both sets will be stereo in different rooms, so it works out I think!