Need a camera, sub $200

jason str

Finally able to get these subs outside for better pictures.

In the sun they looked great but the picture was totally whitewashed.

Tried them again in the shade behind the house and was much better but not as nice as they could be.

Everything else i take pictures of seem to come out very nice, must just be the Black finish i guess.

Below is the better pictures in the shade, the full sun pics were really sad.

Thoughts ?

canon 023.JPGcanon 025.JPG

Yeah, you had something set wrong for sure. 

Don't think I am calling you names, but here is a nice little EOS XTi for dummies cheat sheet. Perhaps this will help with the learning curve.

One tip. If you choose Sports while in very bright places, you force the shutter speed to be much faster. It also reduces blur caused by shaking hands. When I am outside, I use Sport a lot. If you want motion blur to show movement, Sport is not the right setting. Landscape is better because it has a higher depth of field, a slower shutter speed and those are important when you want to get a picture of something that isn't there yet like a bird or a race car.

If you move the switch to Sport etc, the auto function still works, it just makes the shutter faster. With Landscape everything is automatic also it just decreases the fstop (opens the aperture larger) which lets in more light. This will result in a faster shutter speed, but not as fast as Sport. 

Full AUTO should yield the slowest shutter speed, although Portrait may well yield a slower shutter speed 

Landscape should be the next fastest

Sport should be the fastest unless you are in manual or Tv mode and set the shutter faster

The minimum shutter speed without a tripod is 1/60th of a second. The only way to make this camera take slower than 60th pictures is in manual mode and I think Tv mode.