FS: La Scala *SOLD*

Matthews

Matt, I know you must need real dollars for all of the hard work you put into these. Beautiful is a understatement. Lack of words in my wormhole swiss cheese brain. If I could just sell one of my Marshalls, or just a single Custom Shop Gibby. I would not hesitate. I may even start trying to put one out there on the market for what you have created here. Maybe mind blowing is the descriptor. WOW!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hope you get your driveway, cannot believe the rediculous [sic] low price you have on 'em. Beat up, even half *** close to nice ones are not even in the league with yours. I know your goal is most likely forum members. Maybe I can sell my Rock N Roll Relics Thunders DC dirt cheap. GLWS wylde...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

ditto.  those are beauties!  being such a newbie to Klipsch, I hadn't thought a lot about the LS.  I didn't think they they had the look I like, but I obviously hadn't seen any pics of ANYTHING like these!  wow.  what a job!  GLWS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthews said:

WooHoo :)

Definitely a high "WAF" factor on these LS :emotion-21:

No kidding!  Not sure I could swing these in our current house, the living room is too small.  I do like the Chorus you have on eBay too, just wish we were a little closer.

Just now, BamaMike said:

May I ask... how did or do you go about stripping these a prepping for this new finish? 

Well, inside the folded horn mostly has to all be done by hand, sanding, sanding and then more sanding.  It is quite a workout and you have to be flexible/limber.  Use a small modified detail sander to get as much as possible.  The rest I use an orbital.  Starting with 80 grit and working my way to 220.  Between coats I use 0000 steel wool.

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Matthews said:

Well, inside the folded horn mostly has to all be done by hand, sanding, sanding and then more sanding.  It is quite a workout and you have to be flexible/limber.  Use a small modified detail sander to get as much as possible.  The rest I use an orbital.  Starting with 80 grit and working my way to 220.  Between coats I use 0000 steel wool.

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

This is how you PREPPED? Sanding down the existing stain/finish to the veneer? Mine are lacquer finished. I was thinking I might strip and re-stain in a Cherry type finish and then perhaps a clear satin finish.

I would also LOVE to put grills on them. Love the look of these you have for sale.

LaScala2.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BamaMike said:

This is how you PREPPED? Sanding down the existing stain/finish to the veneer? Mine are lacquer finished. I was thinking I might strip and re-stain in a Cherry type finish and then perhaps a clear satin finish.

I would also LOVE to put grills on them. Love the look of these you have for sale.

LaScala2.jpeg

There is one important distinction here regarding restoring these speakers. They are built using 3/4 inch birch plywood and do not have a Veneer from the factory. Matthews is far more of an expert than I but the plywood is fairly easy to sand and work with while its pretty much impossible to sand the finish from a true wood veneer. I would definitely sand rather than strip which I heard is an absolutely miserable process.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gary p said:

6 hours. 376 miles.  I checked. Those are the most beautiful ls I've ever seen.  I have 3 belles up front already.  Still considering it. 

522, 490, or 465 miles for me depending on the route I take after Des Moines.  That's a pretty serious turn-and-burn!

• Like 2