FS: La Scala *SOLD*

Matthews

1 hour ago, BamaMike said:

This is how you PREPPED? Sanding down the existing stain/finish to the veneer? Mine are lacquer finished. I was thinking I might strip and re-stain in a Cherry type finish and then perhaps a clear satin finish.

I would also LOVE to put grills on them. Love the look of these you have for sale.

LaScala2.jpeg

From I see in the photo I would leave those beauties alone! Unless there are a lot of defects not shown those are really nice looking, IMO. And no offense to Matthews but I like looking at the LS doghouse. That and that alone speak for the speaker design and engineering that goes with it.  Beside, those are spittin' image of what my first factory ordered LS looked like. That in itself just might be influencing my opinion. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

From I see in the photo I would leave those beauties alone! Unless there are a lot of defects not shown those are really nice looking, IMO. And no offense to Matthews but I like looking at the LS doghouse. That and that alone speak for the speaker design and engineering that goes with it.  Beside, those are spittin' image of what my first factory ordered LS looked like. That in itself just might be influencing my opinion. 

I hear you. I'm in no hurry but.... perhaps I'll run across a pair that need some attention (and are cheap) that will give me an excuse to refinish.

And... you are right. They are in very good, original shape.

• Like 1

btw - you guys that perform these rehabs, rescues, rebuilds, etc - you need to pace yourselves so you can keep that good work going.  Matthews - I'd have loved to jump on that set, or a set of Belles, or something like that, but just really need to exercise restraint for a while.  gotta send the step daughter away to college in January, so really need to start pinching pennies.  bums me out a bit, but I'll be able to look back on that with pride in the future.

so you guys keep up the beautiful work!  I want a pair of these when I can do it guilt free :D

• Like 2

I'll fess up.. I bought them. It's 515 miles one way to Columbia for me. I think they'll be worth the investment of time and money.

I jumped because I'm right in the middle of turning my living room into a music room and didn't think my all black LSI's would look very nice in the new room. They sound great but sometimes looks and sounding great prevail.

All of you drooling helped me push the BUY IT NOW button.. Thanks :D 

Mark

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cincymat said:

I'll fess up.. I bought them. It's 515 miles one way to Columbia for me. I think they'll be worth the investment of time and money.

I jumped because I'm right in the middle of turning my living room into a music room and didn't think my all black LSI's would look very nice in the new room. They sound great but sometimes looks and sounding great prevail.

All of you drooling helped me push the BUY IT NOW button.. Thanks :D 

Mark

Awesome! Congrats...

We want a full review of their sound and Matt's work! lol

• Like 1

Wow! You guys don't give us working stiffs a chance! Posted, sold, fight over LSI's and all before I get a peak.

Somebody wake up James Weber, this sounds like a pony express trip. Cincy, drop your LSI's off in Lexington. James, drop the LSI off with me in St. Louis, continue to Columbia, and pick up the La Bella's from Matt. Head back to KY, hand over the LB's to Cincy.  Don't forget to visit your daughter along the way! All makes sense to me!

I keep hurting my back moving my LS's around. Splits would be an act of mercy.

(Jim still has first dibs)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BamaMike said:

I hear you. I'm in no hurry but.... perhaps I'll run across a pair that need some attention (and are cheap) that will give me an excuse to refinish.

And... you are right. They are in very good, original shape.

Your speakers might be the best example of the original La Scala's I've ever seen. I'd leave them alone! 

I do like the custom grills Mathews makes when he does a La Scala rebuild. My wife is always complaining about dust inside the dog house. So much that i keep a swifter duster in my work bench to keep them clean. With the grills maybe I won't be dusting so often? Well, knowing my wife maybe not...

Mark

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Matthews said:

Perhaps a fire sale on the Chorus?

chor1 (Medium).jpg

first $650 takes em' :)

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

I...I feel compelled to drive down to MO now.  Too bad I'm headed up to Manitoba in a couple days (totally the wrong direction).

Are those the original stands?  I didn't see any mention of them on the auction.