KHORN Dimension Question

BamaMike

The dimension that you show isn't quite enough, IMO.  I believe you're talking about the 23 inch dimension of the Khorn itself.  However, false corners are 48 inches each side - corresponding to about a 1/4 wavelength at 70 Hz.

See http://www.furnitureappliancemart.com/img/products/Klipsch/richmedia/Heritage - Klipsch_-992264988_7c485fae-2a22-44ce-8e67-d401e4520bae.pdf

Sliding glass doors outside of that Khorn 22-23 inch dimension are okay in my experience.  You can insert a piece of waferboard or plywood between the short wall and the Khorn that is 22 inches long to stiffen the corner if the wall flexes too much. 

Chris

As mentioned, the walls form the final part of the bass horn and the minimum length should be 48" to be ideal.  However, don't let a less-than-ideal situation stop you from using Khorns, especially if your other three sides are good.  You should still be able to get good results.

• Like 1

I had similar problem....open space to dinning room so I made veneered piece of plywood to match the speaker and attached it to the speaker as in false corner. 32 wide x 39 tall only attached to bass bin. The end of the board from corner is 38 inches not ideal but seems to work good.

• Like 1