Klipsch SCALA Type AA

Atomicthunk

Wow! Great to find this thread!

My La Scalas were purchased from AFEE's Naples in 1985, $1200.00 for the pair. Drop shipped from Ak to Fl.

I finished 'em and they've been sitting (inside in our media room) 100 yds from the ocean in Jax Beach ever since.

Not badly corroded, but seemed to be sounding a wee bit puny, so I'm doing a bit it TS to see what's what.

No questions right now, just gratitude in finding this community of Klipsch lovers.

Klipsch data:

LS - BR

SN 8542092

Crossover - AL

Mid Horn k-55-M

Thanks for putting all the data on this thread and site.

If anyone knows the Klipsch crew in Jax, Fl, could you please pass their contact info?

Bravo Zulu!

Sundog, JB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sundogjax said:

Wow! Great to find this thread!

My La Scalas were purchased from AFEE's Naples in 1985, $1200.00 for the pair. Drop shipped from Ak to Fl.

I finished 'em and they've been sitting (inside in our media room) 100 yds from the ocean in Jax Beach ever since.

Not badly corroded, but seemed to be sounding a wee bit puny, so I'm doing a bit it TS to see what's what.

No questions right now, just gratitude in finding this community of Klipsch lovers.

Klipsch data:

LS - BR

SN 8542092

Crossover - AL

Mid Horn k-55-M

Thanks for putting all the data on this thread and site.

If anyone knows the Klipsch crew in Jax, Fl, could you please pass their contact info?

Bravo Zulu!

Sundog, JB

Welcome to the forum Sundog!  Likely the best bang for your buck right now would be to replace the AL crossovers with entirely new from Bob Crites.  Heré's his info.  Would recommend you also replace the o ring gaskets between the mid horn and K-55 drivers.  Other than that, you are probably good to go.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html

Welcome to the forum Sundog!  Likely the best bang for your buck right now would be to replace the AL crossovers with entirely new from Bob Crites.  Heré's his info.  Would recommend you also replace the o ring gaskets between the mid horn and K-55 drivers.  Other than that, you are probably good to go. Jim

Thanks Jim! I see why you're sitting at 3708.

Working with Bob on crossovers and O rings.

You da man.

Sundog

JIMJIMBO,
Thanks for the steer to Bob Crites, perfect!
For my '85 La Scalas that were sounding puny...
- New AA Crossovers
- New Midrange Drivers - A-55G
- New Midrange Orings as you suggested.

Thank you sir!
This is a top-shelf community, friendly, accurate, concise.
Thanks to all and God Bless America.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Sundogjax said:

Anyone have a line on the small brass colored Klipsch nameplates that hang on the front horn cover just below the squawker?

Appears I have "misplaced" one.

Thanks!

Sundogjax

Give Klipsch a call. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:41 AM, mustang guy said:

If you know of somebody who recones the K33, please share it. I think I used the last 4ohm VC cone kits on the planet. 

The Speaker Exchange in Tampa will recone them. I sent a 15" passive to them, $75 round trip to Chicago. Simply Speakers referred me to them since they are not taking any more repair work on until their move is complete and they are caught up.

Mark