Balanced XLR connections to iNuke?

DizRotus

My Pono player, "Wiener" TPA3118 chip amp and iNuke NU1000DSP have the ability to utilize balanced mode.  I'm using the iNuke as a sub amp.  The XLR connectors have 3 pins for each channel.  I assume (always dangerous) one is +, one is - and the third is shield.  If the Behringer manual explains this, I can't find it.  What little I know of balanced is that it does not, indeed cannot, have a common ground between channels.  

I'm looking for input from those with actual experience with XLR balanced in general and iNuke in particular.  Thank you.

p5_manual...pdf

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

My Pono player, "Wiener" TPA3118 chip amp and iNuke NU1000DSP have the ability to utilize balanced mode.  I'm using the iNuke as a sub amp.  The XLR connectors have 3 pins for each channel.  I assume (always dangerous) one is +, one is - and the third is shield.  If the Behringer manual explains this, I can't find it.  What little I know of balanced is that it does not, indeed cannot, have a common ground between channels.  

I'm looking for input from those with actual experience with XLR balanced in general and iNuke in particular.  Thank you.

I don't use balance but, am interested in the answer.  It's always nice learning something new.

Derrick,

Michael C explained the 3 pin layout of an XLR male connector.  He uses balanced for relatively long microphone runs.  He candidly questioned, in my situation, whether going balanced is worth the effort, but applauded the DIY goal to go for the gold.  I wouldn't bother if the Pono., Wiener & iNuke didn't permit it.