How many systems do you have?

Grizzog

How many systems do members have?

I wanted to gauge my level of speaker addiction and see how many here have the same problem. :P

I now have 4, none of which can I imagine selling. (One home theater, 3 2-channel)

It would be interesting to find out why you have multiple and what got you started down the path.

For me, my father was, and is, interested in music when I was growing up. We had a set of Martin Logan Sequel II as the main system. We also had Altec 100s for use with the TV.

I took the Altecs to college, then moved on to Monitor Audio. The real addiction didn't start until I got into horns. They played music in a special way and had the emotion that I had always wanted in my music. Now, each one of my systems has horns, and I couldn't be happier with the sound that fills my home.

• Like 1

Too many. I have six home theater rooms set up with a minimum of five speakers in each set up...plus a sub or two for each. I also have four two channel systems set up in my home not counting my garage stereo. I also have about thirty extra home theater suitable speakers, two or three extra dvd players, and a couple of extra amps. 

I think I have a bit of a problem

Tim

• Like 2

I never counted my daughter's set up with a pair of Outlaw amps and an Emotiva XDA-2 paired with some Klipsch B-3's. Also not in my previous post were my Klipsch 2.1 computer audio and 5.1 Altec Lansing 5.1 computer audio. All the other systems above are broken down in my signature.

Tim

Hmm, I'm going to say a solid two systems.  A 5.1 for the living room, so that is both TV and music, since the AVR does 2.x just fine.  Then the 2.1 for the computer room which has the CF-4's. I play a lot of music content from Youtube from there.

I can put together another pair of 2.1 systems if I want to mix-n'-match, or give to the kids if they want better sound. 

I have two right now.  And am building two speakers, work in process, in my shop that can be classified as furniture.  Bigger, with quality components, are always better.  Of course the Wife's first question was "Why do you need speakers that big?"  Just keeping Paul's mantra alive "Pissing off the neighbors since 1946".

• Like 2

• Moderators

I feel alot better now after reading what everyone else said:D

2 ch and 6.1 ht in living room

2 ch in bedroom

2 ch in outside bar

2 ch in wife's sewing room

2 ch in grandsons bedroom

2 ch in daughters bedroom

2 ch for out in the yard

• Like 1

5.1 HT upstairs

2 Ch Living room

2 Ch Son's Bedroom

2 Ch Other son's Bedroom

2 Ch Outside Back Patio Area

2 Ch Garage

2 Ch Side yard (aka "Barbecue Land")

2.1 Boat Theater (Klipsch ProMedia system in the boat cabin)

2 Ch Boat cockpit system

No longer a system in my bedroom.  Wife wanted a no-speaker zone in the house.

After reading about all your setups, I feel like a slacker with only three systems.  They seem like plenty for an apartment.  The main one is the all-Klipsch Heritage 6.1 in the living room, then there's the 4.2 system in the bedroom, and I guess the 2.1 system connected to the computer counts as well.  The last two have no Klipsch components.

Sometimes I take my Yamaha PDX-11 portable speaker into the sunroom, along with a CD player, smartphone or tablet to drive it, but I wouldn't call that a "system".