How many systems do you have?

Grizzog

1 minute ago, Grizzog said:

I think we should just count "permanent" systems. I didn't count the altec boombox I have or the Bluetooth shower speaker. That would be cheating. emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I didn't count the G17 but I don't have listed a 5.1 setup for the basement.

Put me down for six* as well: one 5.2 HT rig in the living room, one dedicated 2CH rig in the main listening room, a 2CH rig in a master bedroom, another one in the garage, one out on the back deck (yes, a complete system - amp, CD, and speakers all outdoors), and another one (100% outdoors) out by the pool.  I'm proud to say I run all of these on CD, vinyl, and/or a hi-def device playing FLAC files (FiiO X1) with zero reliance on MP3, Bluetooth, smart phone, Pandora, or wireless streaming of less-than-full-resolution file types.  Sound matters far more to me than convenience.

*this is not counting three systems in vehicles as well as a 2.1 system on my desk.

Hmmmm.......Well lets see.....

We have a 5.1 HT system in the living room....

3.1 system in the bedroom.....

2ch at the shop.... KP-362's and a Crown

2ch for the deck.... EV-i's and a Crown

Now here is where it gets tricky...... I have my Wall-O-klipsch (and one set of Polk SDA 2.3's)..... it's the one main wall in our house..... From LaScala to LaScala it's 18' of speakers:o...... It's LaScala, Polk SDA's, Chorus I's, Heresy's and a old SW-15 sub between the Heresy's... I can stuff my Chorus II's in there... but it looks to jammed up..... so I'll swap out the Chorus I's and II's..... I'll also throw my other KP-362's in the mix....

For the amps..... I'm always swapping them around..... I drive the LaScala's and Heresy's with a Adcom 555II or a Carver M-400t..... The Chorus and KP's will be driven with Carvers.... TFM-55 or 55x or 4.0t.... Love the the big Carvers..... gets the woofers woofing;)....

and some other subs with the 2ch will be used....

My "extra" gear lives in my daughter old bedroom..... stacks of amps and speakers..... I don't have too much gear.... I just need a bigger house:D 

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Somewhere between 140 and 200. I mix and match when the mood takes me, which happens almost weekly, and I have a buncha speakers, and a real lot of tube  amps, a few preaps, a batch of receivers, a few tape decks, and a dozen or so turntables.  Oh, and some whatchacallits, cd players, yes  that 's it, and various cheap cables, thousands of tubes and everything is plugged into the same socket. 

Sounds great in between the outages. Wonder what's causing them?

• Like 1