Speaker-Yamaha-Model S4115H

william2

I need.... I hate this saying.

I have two awesome Concert series S4115H speakers, Replaced 15" woofers with, PA3808
15" Pro Woofer 8 Ohms. and  a cheap tweeter. Cheap and sounded good for it's time.

I used a Yamaha Km-206 amp, a SAE Mark 5 pre amp.  These speakers rocked my house. Thank you neighbors.

It wasn't loud enough-Oops, added a Beringer Nu 6000 amp, at 1500 watts into 8 Ohms. Blew horns rated at 300 watts RMS.

Do you sell replacements that can handle this. Thank you william_sawyers@yahoo.com

Thank you from a children author of Concord Ca.  William SawyersIRock.JPG

This is a Klipsch website and forum. Klipsch has components for their own speakers.

Do want a driver for the top horn? The original Yamaha driver for the S4115H is the Yamaha ja-4201,  20 watt driver.

What exactly are you looking  for? I believe the whole system was only rated for about 100 watts. Look on the Parts Express web site for 1 inch throat, bolt on drivers. Selenium and B&C probably have something that will work. If you aren't deaf yet, enjoy. Oh, is the crossover still good?

Good luck finding a driver that will handle that much power. Where are you listening to them with 1500wpc...is this outside? I have had my setup to 128db (for a couple of minutes) in the 2nd row of our HT, and I can't imagine listening for long at that level at all (and still being able to hear without hearing loss).

1 hour ago, ellisr63 said:

I have had my setup to 128db (for a couple of minutes) in the 2nd row of our HT, and I can't imagine listening for long at that level at all (and still being able to hear without hearing loss).

What? ! ? :o:P

"Do you sell replacements that can handle this"

A large format JBL compression driver with a 4" voice-coil is rated to handle 75W long term average power, so the answer would have to be NO.

A friend slagged his Yamaha 4115's in one evening with a Hafler DH500 on them, only 250W/8Ω per channel. The glue holding the voice-coil former on the aluminum dome melted, the coil slid off to the side, the L-pad burned up, and the fiberglass insulation behind the network caught on fire.

In the 70s I powered four 8 ohm Speakerlab Ks with a Dynaco ST400 (300 watts/channel into 4 ohm load).  They were always dangerously loud, which regularly took out the EV T35s.  The Atlas mid drivers and Speakerlab woofers never missed a beat.

In those days, a call to 600 Cecil St., Buchanan, MI, would deliver a new  diaphragm and invoice for $11.00 to my door within days.

The damage to my high frequency hearing is permanent.  Be careful.  Speakers can be replaced; ears are irreplaceable.

Why not call Yamaha for parts?  If you know the part numbers of the parts you need, here's their 24x7 parts order website:

https://www.yamaha24x7.com/#/

If you don't know your part numbers, you can call 888-892-6242 Monday to Friday, between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm Pacific time (closed 12pm-1 pm).

What brought you to the Klipsch forum?