Legacy Audio speakers, SOLD

Breakdown7

SOLD

Due to no home theater room in our new home, I have opted to sell my full set of matching Legacy Audio speakers and completely concentrate on 2 channel music playback. This set of speakers represented here would make an incredible system for someone at a great price. All the speakers are in excellent condition and sound incredible. All the grills included of course, and they are in good shape. No subwoofer needed in my opinion, as the main Focus speakers are rated down to 16 Hz. They are also very efficient. Speakers as follows... 

"Focus" main speakers
"Silver Screen" center channel
"Mist" rear surrounds

The finish is one of the custom options offered by Legacy Audio back in the late 90's/early 2000's. It is called "Whitewash Oak" and quite rare. These speakers are all VERY heavy. The main Focus speakers are 175lbs each. The others have the same heavy build quality. I do not have the factory boxes for these, so local pickup in Gainesville, FL is the best option. That being said, if a buyer is interested in paying the shipping charges, I am willing to have them professionally packed and shipped (most likely freight). It seems very rare to run across a full matching set of these speakers. Those who have heard Legacy speakers can verify how wonderful these sound. I am willing to let them go for $3000. For anyone seriously interested, I am happy to take individual pics of each speaker and send them via email.

IMG_0885.jpg

• Like 1

To everyone - these are Great Speakers!!! I thought I had a buyer for them but it fell through. If I wasn't loaded up - I'd be all over these myself!!! If he doesn't sell these by December - I'm more than likely on it....and If I do get them - My Cornwall's with ALK Bv2 crossovers, walnut finish, custom glass tops, and Crites Tweeters will be for sale...all three of them (the center is a vertical). These are one of the few speakers that I will let go of my beloved Cornwalls for (the other being a KHorn).  The Corns would come with an extra ALK crossover (for a total of 4) as well as the original crossovers with Sonicaps (three crossovers). 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Breakdown7 said:

Ok guys, I need to move these if anyone is interested. I can do $2500. 

If you were closer, and if I wasn't temporarily living in a small townhouse, I'd be all over these. I already own a pair of Focus, and I can vouch for the fact that they are superb loudspeakers. $2500 would be a great price for the Focus pair alone; the rest really sweeten the deal.

Wow, reading the top of this thread, I was thinking to myself "I wonder if he'd take $2500 for them", after I saw that they are in FL.  Then I see that the offer is on the table!  I have some heritage Klipsch speakers in my two home theater setups now, but this is over the top amazing sound quality I'm sure.  In my current "dad cave", my surrounds are side firing, but one is basically in the corner of the room.  With the Mist speakers being side firing, would the sound be muffled/distorted with one of those basically up against a wall?  

I really don't need these, but man, this is like a once in a lifetime deal here.  

• Like 1

One other question, the room these would be going into is relatively small, 13'x13'.  I have 2 Forte II's in there now, with a Sub 12, Academy Center, and KG 2.5's as surrounds.  I'm pretty sure this Legacy system is overkill, but is it even feasible to use in a room this size?

Also, these would be driven by an Integra receiver, the DTR 70.3.  It's rated at 140 watts/ch into an 8 ohm load.  

13 minutes ago, papashawn said:

One other question, the room these would be going into is relatively small, 13'x13'.  I have 2 Forte II's in there now, with a Sub 12, Academy Center, and KG 2.5's as surrounds.  I'm pretty sure this Legacy system is overkill, but is it even feasible to use in a room this size?

Also, these would be driven by an Integra receiver, the DTR 70.3.  It's rated at 140 watts/ch into an 8 ohm load.  

My opinion only, but when I tried to use Focus in a smaller room (still larger than 13x13), things didn't work very well. The Focus can go deep into the bass registers, and the small room was just overwhelmed. Don't forget that they have a rear-firing woofer, so they cannot be placed against the back wall.

140 watts is more than plenty. I drove mine with 50, and they got plenty loud in a 19x28x9 room.

Edgar, I think you're right.  As much as I'd love to squeeze them into that room, what I have right now is borderline overkill already.  This would easily fill two rooms that size!  Man, it's just hard to pass up such a deal.  But I have to be realistic.  I hope these find a good home soon!  

I think placing these in a small 13x13 room could be tricky, but if the reflection points and bass issues are addressed properly, it could be done without issue.  I had the Legacy's in a small 12x14 room at our old house and initially, the bass took over the room.  After adding bass traps and sound panels at the reflection points, they sounded incredible in there.  It was really something.  I still have yet to get that quality of sound back in our new home.  I plan to build another dedicated room later on down the road, as budget allows. However, I'm quite some time and money away from that.  For now, I would like to find a new home for the system.  Really surprised these are still here.  I've been thinking about putting them on Audiogon to move them along, but would love for another forum member to get these if possible.