Are Samsung UHD LED LCD TV's any good?

DMH

21 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

That thread you posted is he the guy that built yours? Cause those photobucket pics are of a three way. Wondering if those alk top ends are any better than the 402 horn. 

Yes, he's the same guy that I purchased the jub clone bass bins from.

I didn't have the opportunity to hear his 3-way Fastrac/JBL version so I can't say for sure that either horn/set-up is better than the other.  My opinion is that the K402 is way better than the Fastrac. But, I suppose there might be some bias on my part because I own K-402's. Although, I also own V-Trac Midrange Horns and a set of JBL 2360A horns and I have personally compared them to the K-402 and I know without any doubt that the K-402 is a way better horn. No doubt about it!  The K-402 horn coupled with the TAD 4002 driver is really very special!

24 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

You have the tads on yours? Active or passive setup? 

Yes, I currently have the jubs/K-402's set up active 2-way with TAD 4002's using a Yamaha SP2060. I have also experimented with 3-way & 2-way using passive crossovers with good results. 2-way active sounds overall very, very nice and I may stick with this in the long run. First I'm going to try 3-way active because I really got a kick out of the crispness that a tweeter added to the HF with the 3-way passive set up but I think overall the quality suffered without time delay. Are you considering going with Jubilee's?

10 hours ago, DavidH said:

Yes, I currently have the jubs/K-402's set up active 2-way with TAD 4002's using a Yamaha SP2060. I have also experimented with 3-way & 2-way using passive crossovers with good results. 2-way active sounds overall very, very nice and I may stick with this in the long run. First I'm going to try 3-way active because I really got a kick out of the crispness that a tweeter added to the HF with the 3-way passive set up but I think overall the quality suffered without time delay. Are you considering going with Jubilee's?

One day I will own a pair. 

10 hours ago, DavidH said:

One day I will own a pair. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 6:14 PM, DavidH said:

RTR, That's good that your 850C is still working after a year!  I understand the 2015 version is very similar to 850D. So, I quess I don't have to be concerned about reliability (knock on wood). One of the reasons I went with the Sony was that I haven't had any reliability issues with my other Sony products. (I probably shouldn't have said anything:wacko2:)

I'm currently not using the "smart" part of the TV because I have a Roku, but I tried it and it appears to be a user friendly system. It's good to know that it works for you just in case my Roku goes south.  

I have a Roku 3 that I used prior to getting the Sony. I use the Android built in to take advantage of the UHD programming on Netflix and Amazon Prime.  The Roku 3 doesn't support UHD programming. Roku recently came out with a new model that supports UHD programming 

i agree, the Roku is pretty awesome with more choices, 

and by by the way....Awesome Setup!!!  Looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RTR said:

I have a Roku 3 that I used prior to getting the Sony. I use the Android built in to take advantage of the UHD programming on Netflix and Amazon Prime.  The Roku 3 doesn't support UHD programming. Roku recently came out with a new model that supports UHD programming 

i agree, the Roku is pretty awesome with more choices, 

and by by the way....Awesome Setup!!!  Looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds great!

Hey RTR, That's a good idea! I have a Roku 4 and I was going to purchase a new Roku Ultra so I could get UHD. It seems that Roku comes out with a new model every time I look around. So, this will save me some bucks... Besides, it's probably not worth the extra expense because of the limited content in UHD. I'll probably end up getting the next model Roku that comes out after the Roku Ultra. 

Thanks! You're absolutely right, the set up sounds great! Especially with high quality recordings like a Blu-ray audio disc.