Problems

Deang

I rarely sit behind a computer anymore except at work - all of my posting is done using an iPhonee 6s. 

I cannot figure out how to activate private messaging. I never turned it off - I just don't see it anywhere. It would appear that this is the only way to contact a moderator (we used to be able to email people - but I don't see that option anymore either). 

Using "dark theme", if you copy and paste something in, all text is surrounded with a white background.

Thanks,

Dean 

Hey Dean, if your browser look on an iPhone 6s looks anything similar to my Galaxy S7 (using Chrome), look for the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right corner of the screen while on any page.  Press on the bars and, when it opens the "slide out" window, look for the envelope and bell symbol right above "Sign Out".  The envelope is the private messages.  I'm not on my phone at the moment but the 3 horizontal bars and symbols look like the attached picture.

Kip

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

Private Messaging is there. When looking in mobile view, tap the menu icon in the upper-right, then the envelope icon.

You can send anyone a PM by tapping their avatar, then tapping the envelope icon below the avatar on their profile page.

The copy/paste issue is one that I've encountered too. It's because by default when you copy/paste, it preserves any formatting form the source. After you paste, just below the editor field you'll see a "Remove Formatting" link which should remove any of that formatting.

• Like 2

• Administrators

That's the "full site" on his phone (the forums use a responsive design that responds to the screen size accordingly, like most modern websites (should) do.

@Deang: Have a look now. For some reason, your private messaging was turned off for your account (not something I remember doing - did you request that once?) - Regardless, I re-enabled it for you.

• Like 1

It had been turned off for some time - and was off at the time you made the switch to

the new software. 

I guess this means that users no longer have the ability to control whether they get PMs or not?  

Thanks Chad

Dean

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, Deang said:

I guess this means that users no longer have the ability to control whether they get PMs or not?  

You can place individual users on an ignore list but I haven't seen the ability to turn off PM's.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You can place individual users on an ignore list but I haven't seen the ability to turn off PM's.

If you go to your Messenger page (https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/messenger/) you'll see a link just under the message list on teh left that says "Disable my messenger". (at least, you should)

If you were to disable your messenger, and if we have the permissions set up properly, you would be able to re-enable your messenger by clicking on "Messenger" in the user menu in the upper-right.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

OK Chad, dumb *** question.  I've never seen that page you've linked to before.  Where exactly is it on the home page?

click the envelope icon in the top navigation (near your name), and then "Go To Inbox".

• Like 1