Streaming music via HDMI

CECAA850

I will and I realized earlier in this thread that you were the one who got me to get the D2 DAC. I dig this DAC combined with my DEQ2496 and if this new gadget improves the sq even more I'll be pleasanrly surprised.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I've been trying to get away from streaming over USB for a while and this seemed like a good alternative.

Same here.....keep hearing about how USB is no good. I currently use an AQ Jitterbug as well as a USB Regen. The consensus is that their results are system dependant. Apparently, my system depends on them....especially the Regen.

56 minutes ago, SWL said:

I will and I realized earlier in this thread that you were the one who got me to get the D2 DAC. I dig this DAC combined with my DEQ2496 and if this new gadget improves the sq even more I'll be pleasanrly surprised.

What do you use the Behringer for?

EQ in the digital domain. Couldn't live without it. Others here had enlightened me to use an external DAC rather than the one in the DEQ2496. That's when the the D2 came into play. Love it.

Yeah, I will try different combos for sure but gotta tell ya......'equalizer' in the digital sense is not a bad word anymore. Like I said....couldn't live without it. No added noise just dead silent. I'd also like to try out one of those mini-dsp gizmos someday.

3 minutes ago, SWL said:

.....'equalizer' in the digital sense is not a bad word anymore.

I agree..........but.  Listen to it out of the loop to begin with.  You going to need a new baseline of how your system sounds this way as opposed to the USB route.   

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Same here.....keep hearing about how USB is no good. I currently use an AQ Jitterbug as well as a USB Regen. The consensus is that their results are system dependant. Apparently, my system depends on them....especially the Regen.

I'm pretty happy with the Regen!  

So do you use both the Jitterbug and Regen in series on the same connection or different systems?

Just now, SWL said:

Yeah, the JB is plugged directly into the laptop....USB cable out of the JB into the Regen.

So did you ever experiment with just the Regen vs the Regen combined with the JB?  I'm curious how much benefit from adding the Jitterbug.

The JB adds a little clarity and some sizzle on top where the Regen mostly enhances the bass and lower mids in my system. I really wanted to shake off the JB but it's a nice compiment with the Regen. Again, system dependant but practically anything I try be it an amp, preamp or whatever I can make it right with the DEQ.

My HDMI extractor just showed up. It took a whole 3 minutes to hook up.

Initial impressions:
Holy BLUE LIGHTS!!!
The difference was heard immediately. Much improved clarity and detail right off the bat. More listening to come....

PS....Carl, you're 2 for 2. Any more recommendations feel free to send them my way.[emoji106]

I assume that you're talking about going from S/PDIF coaxial or optical to HDMI (extracted)...or is it USB?

Previously I was going USB out of my laptop--->USB-Optical converter--->Digital EQ--->DAC.

Now I'm going HDMI out of my laptop-->HDMI Extractor--->Optical out of the HDMI Extractor---> Digital EQ---> DAC

• Like 1