Streaming music via HDMI

CECAA850

2 hours ago, Tasdom said:

If you download remoteless helper on your pc and install the spotify connect app on your phone, you can control the Spotify on the computer. Also works on a tablet if desired. You need to have WiFi available and enabled on your device. Works flawlessly in my set up.

http://remoteless.no/helpers/

Great tip.  I'm gonna try.

Right now....wireless keyboard to PC.....PC vid output to TV....works fine.  No need to get up.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:50 AM, mark1101 said:

Digital is digital and as long as the signal is clean and you have decent DACs you should not be able to tell which is which (FOR AUDIO).

The issue here is there are a lot of cheap DACs out there with differing clocking schemes relative to dealing with Jitter.  You get what you pay for.

There's incredible differences. Two completely different topologies running two completely different protocols. One was designed expressly for the transport of digital audio by the AES, the other by computer manufacturers for networking peripherals . It has nothing to do with cost as the hardware for either can be had for peanuts.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:50 AM, mark1101 said:

I see a lot of posts putting down USB.........Don't agree........try a Benchmark DAC2 and then report back to us (at least go online and read a few pages of the manual about the clocking).  I would put my PC music server with USB across my room under the carpet to my Benchmark DAC2 up against any other digital transport.  No problem.

Try getting rid of the DAC all together. :wink:   But you didn't hear that me. :ph34r:

Been listening to my Marantz Model 30 for the last few months since it had a couple tweaks done to it. Got rained out a little while ago and decided to switch back over to my Crown K2. Whoa....this sucker sounds juicy. JUICY I tell ya!

I think it's about time to throw the tube amp back into the mix. I think I'm a little excited.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

If you download remoteless helper on your pc and install the spotify connect app on your phone, you can control the Spotify on the computer. Also works on a tablet if desired. You need to have WiFi available and enabled on your device. Works flawlessly in my set up.

http://remoteless.no/helpers/

Yeah, I use my phone as a remote for Spotify on my computer. Works slick. I didn't have to install any type of 'remoteless helper'.....just installed Spotify on my phone and it worked?

7 hours ago, SWL said:

Yeah, I use my phone as a remote for Spotify on my computer. Works slick. I didn't have to install any type of 'remoteless helper'.....just installed Spotify on my phone and it worked?

Yep!  Pretty slick!

Forgot I could control Spotify on the computer from my phone.  Thanks!

Just received the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 and plugged it in.  The HDMI extractor has been sold out. I tried it with the enclosed USB cable.  They were having a $40 off sale, so I upgraded to the unit with "two high-end OPA627 OpAmps and one NOS GE 5670W tube" 

All I can say is WOW.  I realize I have some breaking in to do but this is an awesome upgrade. The depth and layers I'm hearing are awesome.  I'm debating on if I need the HDMI extractor. This sounds pretty awesome with my Heresys streaming Spotify from my computer.

• Like 1

Forgot I could control Spotify on the computer from my phone.  Thanks!

Just received the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 and plugged it in.  The HDMI extractor has been sold out. I tried it with the enclosed USB cable.  They were having a $40 off sale, so I upgraded to the unit with "two high-end OPA627 OpAmps and one NOS GE 5670W tube" 

All I can say is WOW.  I realize I have some breaking in to do but this is an awesome upgrade. The depth and layers I'm hearing are awesome.  I'm debating on if I need the HDMI extractor. This sounds pretty awesome with my Heresys streaming Spotify from my computer.

Yes....you want the HDMI Extractor. Also, the D2 needs 50 hrs to break in. I have two of them. I love this DAC. You can also upgrade the opamps to some more expensive discrete units. I did and it was worth it.

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Crap, more upgrades = more $$$

56 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. :(

Monoprice keeps giving an eta of the next day every day I've looked for he last 5 days. Should have pulled the trigger when I was first thinking about it

Are you guys getting any royalties?  I think you've started something.....

You all led me to an improvement I can definitely hear and it's good.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:22 PM, SWL said:

Previously I was going USB out of my laptop--->USB-Optical converter--->Digital EQ--->DAC.

Now I'm going HDMI out of my laptop-->HDMI Extractor--->Optical out of the HDMI Extractor---> Digital EQ---> DAC

So your Maverick D2 has an optical input? Or use another dac with optical in to gain the benefits from the hdmi handshake done at the extractor?

Been reading previous pages so will continue...

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

So your Maverick D2 has an optical input? Or use another dac with optical in to gain the benefits from the hdmi handshake done at the extractor?

Been reading previous pages so will continue...

Yes.  There's an optical input on the D2.