Receiver Question

Forensic

Hey everyone. I apologize ahead of time if this is maybe a common sense question.

I currently own a pair of RP-160M bookshelf speakers and a RP-250C center channel in a 3.1 setup along with a Onkyo TX-SR343 receiver.

My question is, is this receiver sufficient to power these speakers without causing damage? It seems I can crank it up louder than I'd like to listen without any distortion or loss of sound quality. I'm just worried about damaging the speakers.

Thank you in advance....Nick

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Forensic said:

What exactly would distortion sound like? Just a drastic change in clarity/sound quality at a certain volume? 

If the sound begins to break up, sound strained, unclear etc as you increase the volume.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The same way a average car stereo sounds when it is turned up to much, the sound tends to deteriorate quickly, I would not try this with your speakers but that's the general idea.

No need to apologize for the question, common sense at times seems to come and go depending on the subject. :o:lol:

Spoiler

• Like 1