Time for a refresh! Home Theater Recommendations

bkervaski

1 hour ago, ChuckAb3 said:

You should at least consider getting a separate processor and power amp. I went from a really mediocre Denon avr to Marantz separates and haven't looked back. Better electronics do cost more but they can really make a significant difference. Best of luck.

Chuck - would you mind sharing with what models specifically you decided on?  I'm doing the 'research' into a smaller, more basic HT setup and am curious what you have that you like so well.  thanks.

I like the AVR choice.   One thing that is not discussed a lot in this forum is Audyssey, and the XT32 I think will do amazing things for your theater in that space.

It's the best they offer from Audyssey right now, and it will make a big difference especially getting the sub to sound right in the room.  Take the time necessary to understand Audyssey when setting up your system.

I also agree that the sub should be bumped up if possible.  In this excellent system you are designing it will be the weak point.  Not so weak it will suck, it will be very nice.  But the only missing thing in that setup will be that ability to really dig low.   It may not be particularly important to you either, we don't necessarily know.  But as a former Bose owner, I quickly morphed from Bose to 10SW to 2 subs to 2 beasts capable of almost anything and now adding 2 more :ph34r:  Call it a disease, call it a hobby, same thing....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2016 at 0:55 PM, bkervaski said:

All done! 5.4.2 with Denon AVR-X6200W, sounds freaking fantastic! My only issues are bass rattling noises. Lone Survivor at 4K + HDR + ATMOS is arguably better than the movie experience.

On 4K, I think HDR is more impressive than the resolution.

With 4 subs, something is going to shake!

On 9/21/2016 at 0:55 PM, bkervaski said:

All done! 5.4.2 with Denon AVR-X6200W, sounds freaking fantastic! My only issues are bass rattling noises. Lone Survivor at 4K + HDR + ATMOS is arguably better than the movie experience.

On 4K, I think HDR is more impressive than the resolution.

Enjoy your new system. My favorite movie demoing system is Star Trek Into the Darkness. The beginning when Spock sets off explosive device in volcano. Enjoy.

G.E.M.