Chicago Members, It's Been a While

derrickdj1

5 minutes ago, Lemon string said:

Sounds like it was a great GTG! Im sorry I wasn't able to make it, I would've loved to hear Derrick's room and see everyone again. Hopefully next time.... that said Im always happy to host. If you all want to start thinking about a next possible date Im game. 

Cheers 

Seth, we all missed you and all the guys were asking if you were going to make it.  We will see you next time!

3 hours ago, Lemon string said:

Sounds like it was a great GTG! Im sorry I wasn't able to make it, I would've loved to hear Derrick's room and see everyone again. Hopefully next time.... that said Im always happy to host. If you all want to start thinking about a next possible date Im game. 

Cheers 

Thank you and your nice family for hosting the first few get togethers.

Hope to see you at the next one.

Best

Mark

11 hours ago, Lemon string said:

Cheers 

Seth, we did miss you, but I'm sure you had a great time with your son.  Whenever we talk about the GTG's at your place, most of the comments center around your wonderful family, and of course your awesome kitchen.....see you next time I hope!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eng-399 said:

I don't have many pictures but this is what I have.
5fa5a68a4636fd16c84f8c2f6b0dc2cb.jpga4ecd6b3fab9b5f499f51db532a5f6db.jpghttps://vimeo.com/186503712

Last photo is of my ampsandsound Stereo 15 Special Edition, which made it's second appearance at our GTG's, and once again many, many compliments.....Gary tried to make off with it again, but we grabbed him out in the street......

• Like 3

Jim, your amp looks like it belongs in my room, lol.  Thanks for the pics.  One guys was amazed when you ran the system off the cell phone.  He could not believe the big Klipsch RF 7 II's could be ran off a 22 watt amp and a cell phone!!!

I wish I would of remebered to put on the tactile transducers for the HT people.  I had to subs in the low output mode using the I Nuke HS filters which rob the subs of around 4 db. each.

eng 399, now I know how you felt hosting a couple of GTG's.  For the host, thing are really moving.  I thought 11 AM to 6 PM would be way more than enough time.  Well, it wasn't for the host, lol.

Jim, your amp looks like it belongs in my room, lol.  Thanks for the pics.  One guys was amazed when you ran the system off the cell phone.  He could not believe the big Klipsch RF 7 II's could be ran off a 22 watt amp and a cell phone!!!

I wish I would of remebered to put on the tactile transducers for the HT people.  I had to subs in the low output mode using the I Nuke HS filters which rob the subs of around 4 db. each.

eng 399, now I know how you felt hosting a couple of GTG's.  For the host, thing are really moving.  I thought 11 AM to 6 PM would be way more than enough time.  Well, it wasn't for the host, lol.

Not to mention, it sounded pretty darn good with the Dragonfly in there!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eng-399 said:

Enjoy guys these are the videos I took. I wish I took some more.

Thanks for the videos.  I was so down loosing my pics off the SD card.  Thank God for cell phones.:D  Now you need a couple of Klipsch, lol.  It's great that you are on the forum!

3 hours ago, Bubo said:

Here is the rest of the music video.

I thought Derricks system sounded very cohesive and tight on this track at every volume.

I think everyone likes that audio CD.  There just is something about trip hop music that catches the ear!

3 hours ago, jacksonbart said:

I hope that was deep dish pizza eaten at this event. 

My plan was to have deep dish pizza and on the day of the event, they said they were not able to deliver even though I called them the day before. :(  Papa John's to the rescue!

• Like 1

ATTN:  James, the gentleman that brought the HSU VTF2 sub is looking for some music that caught his ear at the gtg.  This  is what he put in an email.  Any help is appreciated.:D

If you remember, what is the name of that track we played on the VTF2, the bluesy one with the bass guitar?

On 10/11/2016 at 7:36 PM, jimjimbo said:

Last photo is of my ampsandsound Stereo 15 Special Edition, which made it's second appearance at our GTG's, and once again many, many compliments.....Gary tried to make off with it again, but we grabbed him out in the street......

I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those Dam Kids :lol:

You brought that thing in like the Stanley Cup , I think I even saw white gloves . You brought security (Brandon and Mark) as well , I stood no chance but there is always next time !

That Amp really is sweet !

I thought it was something from Stanley Clark....if that sparks your memory.

I do remember sitting next to Mark when Jim hooked up the amp/dragonfly/cellphone...He commented on his favorable opinion of Stanley Clark.

But at my advanced age and growing up in the 60's and 70's (hint hint)...it could been something else....

G.E.M.

21 minutes ago, oldred said:

I thought it was something from Stanley Clark....if that sparks your memory.

I do remember sitting next to Mark when Jim hooked up the amp/dragonfly/cellphone...He commented on his favorable opinion of Stanley Clark.

Thanks, I will pass it along.