HT setup in small room

NewLaw83

9 hours ago, willland said:

I think that is a perfect location.  It is just a vertical beam in the room and not a wall as the CAD drawing could indicate, correct?

Bill

I agree with Bill, that is exactly where I would put them.

Youthman's diagram is accurate.

I have played around quite a bit with different side surround placement. I prefer keeping them exactly 90° from the listening position and either right at or about 6" above ear level provides the most defuse, non-localized, enveloping sound to my ears. I always seem to be able to tell exactly where the speaker is when I move them further back and higher on the wall. 

2 minutes ago, holtrp said:

Youthman's diagram is accurate.

I have played around quite a bit with different side surround placement. I prefer keeping them exactly 90° from the listening position and either right at or about 6" above ear level provides the most defuse, non-localized, enveloping sound to my ears. I always seem to be able to tell exactly where the speaker is when I move them further back and higher on the wall. 

Excellent! Thank you for the tip, holtrp!

1 minute ago, Ski Bum said:

Given you background with live sound, it's inevitable that you'll some day end up with a fully active Cinema rig.  Inevitable.  Might as well start planning for it now.

Hahaha! :lol:That is what I am afraid of! The wife will most likely keep me at bay though. But maybe I can sell the wife on the idea:ph34r:. I can picture dual 18" subs going across the front already!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NewLaw83 said:

Hahaha! :lol:That is what I am afraid of! The wife will most likely keep me at bay though. But maybe I can sell the wife on the idea:ph34r:. I can picture dual 18" subs going across the front already!

dual 18's..... that funny. that a rabbit hole you don't want to go down. you'll end up like me.

27135392474_ffc408ba4b_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scrappydue said:

dual 18's..... that funny. that a rabbit hole you don't want to go down. you'll end up like me.

27135392474_ffc408ba4b_b.jpg

Hahahaha!!! Holy$**t that is a glorious setup! I would never be able to get that big as the damn room is too small. 

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

My screen is 12' wide.  You could fit this in your room.  :D

klipsch-lascala-trio-home-theater-build-

Drooling right now.... Love the LED setup as well. I don't even think that would fit because the border/frame usually make the screen even bigger! Those subs must rock!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2016 at 11:02 PM, Youthman said:
On 8/26/2016 at 6:12 PM, Scrappydue said:

My room is even smaller than youthman's. 11'8" wide. And my speakers are all much bigger than his lol. You can jam a lot in a little space with a falsewall 

Haha! That's incredible. I don't know how you guys do it!