Klipsch Stadium not being supported

Bflophil

I have the flashing power light which the manual states is a signal "a firmware update is needed."  Upon contacting klipsch customer service I was directed to Sybesmas for authorized repair work. After two weeks waiting I received the following response.

We contacted Klipsch regarding your request and there is no firmware update available for this model. 

Currently we have no service information on this unit. Sorry.

schematics could not or would not be provided and then I was offered a 40% discount on the purchase of a new Klipsch Stadium unit.

Why would I want to purchase another unit that does not seem to be supported by Klipsch??? Any suggestions on repair would be appreciated as this has left a sour taste in my mouth.

There has to be a way to due a manual reboot. 

That stinks they won't rectify this and instead are taking the easy way out by throwing a cupon at you.  Pathetic.

Nice looking unit too and I MIGHT have been swayed into buying one for the guest bedroom.

But if this is the type of service & games they'll play I'll move on and never buy another product from them again although I do enjoy their legacy products. A company is only as strong as it's support.

Circuit city found that out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

That is strange. Does the unit not play, but only shows the flashing power light?

On power up the unit has a flashing yellow light for 30 seconds and then the power light starts flashing. I tried during this time to connect to the wifi but when the power starts flashing it will not connect and just keeps cycling. The very sad part about this unit which worked remarkably well for a while is that you cannot even passively use the speakers as there are no in speaker ports/plugs.

This $2000 speaker is just a paper weight now. There is no reset button on this unit.

3 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

There has to be a way to due a manual reboot. 

That stinks they won't rectify this and instead are taking the easy way out by throwing a cupon at you.  Pathetic.

Nice looking unit too and I MIGHT have been swayed into buying one for the guest bedroom.

But if this is the type of service & games they'll play I'll move on and never buy another product from them again although I do enjoy their legacy products. A company is only as strong as it's support.

Circuit city found that out.

I have a household of Klipsch products and I told customer service how I use Klipsch throughout my home because of the wireless functionality.  They did not seem to care. 

4 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Does leaving it unplugged overnight do anything? How about when you go to turn it on, you hold the power button in for about 5 -10 seconds?

I tried this several times with the same end result it returns to the flashing power lights.

20 minutes ago, baron167 said:

This?
Red LED Flashes Slowly: Firmware problem. Unplug AC power for 15 minutes, and plug back in. If problem persists call 1-800-KLIPSCH.

Is your unit not being covered under warranty??

20 minutes ago, baron167 said:

This?
Red LED Flashes Slowly: Firmware problem. Unplug AC power for 15 minutes, and plug back in. If problem persists call 1-800-KLIPSCH.

Is your unit not being covered under warranty??

The warranty just expired and I was looking for service options. I did what was asked as you stated and called inquiring about the firmware update. That information is NOT correct as no firmware update exists. Klipsch could not supply the schematics and actually stated the repair would be too complex???

51 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

A little to far for me. I'll ask my buddy in Cheektowaga if he'll take a look at it.

52 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

A little to far for me. I'll ask my buddy in Cheektowaga if he'll take a look at it.

That would be great let me know. Thank You!!!

4 minutes ago, Bflophil said:

The warranty just expired and I was looking for service options. I did what was asked as you stated and called inquiring about the firmware update. That information is NOT correct as no firmware update exists. Klipsch could not supply the schematics and actually stated the repair would be too complex???

Wow! That's disappointing to hear. It seems to me it would behoove Klipsch to support it anyway as it is a $2k device with an obvious flaw.

A cupon though? That's insulting to say the least especially as you stated your support of the Klipsch brand. 

There should be a master reset that they can send to you via a $5 USB stick or something. It would save a lot of people aggravation, time  and money.