Denon x6200w with atmos movies

Fracchia23

Hi guys im here for a suggestion...

i have a denon x6200w with a pair of rp-280fa and a firing rp-140sa mounted on the left and right surrounds. 

Looking on denon setups i see that i can decide between a lot of configurations to use my up firing speakers but im here to ask if is possible to ear a better sound using the configuration for the in ceiling speakers instead for the upfiring speakers... 

I think to listen much more sounds using the in celing front and rear configuration instead of front upfiring and surround upfiring ,in this real?

But you don't have in ceiling speakers. You have modules. So choose that setting. You will do nothing but confuse the receiver when you pick otherwise cause it will get all crazy with distances being weird and what not. Don't over complicate it. Pick what you use. 

• Like 1

Ok ans someone of you have the denon x6200w or x7200w i dont understand an other thing.... I can decide between

DOLBY DIGITAL

DOLBY DIGITAL + DOLBY SURROUND

NEURAL: X

or stereo multi stereo virtual mono audio

But i never found something like ATMOS,DTS,DTS:X etc... i bought Mad Max Fury road (the latest) but nothing change when i watch it in english,i have always those selections....any suggestion?

18 hours ago, Fracchia23 said:

ps3 sir..... but im pretty sure have made some mistakes on configuration....

Depending on what version of the ps3 you are using will determine if it can output atmos. I know the original fat ps3 cannot output atmos. 

11 hours ago, Fracchia23 said:

I have the old fat ps3 i read that i can listen true hd 7.1 but have to leave the setting to PCM LINEAR but in this case my avr can t display which codec is running i mean: true hd,Dts etc....

This is true. The ps3 can play those codecs, but not atmos. Because you have your ps3 set to linear pcm, that means that the ps3 is decoding the format and then sending the signal. If you set your ps3 to bitstream, this will send raw data and your receiver will do the decoding.

The original PS3 phat model could not bitstream either DTS:X or TrueHD audio and had to decode these formats onboard and output the results as LPCM. However the PS3 Slim can bitstream both, but not if the Blue-ray is a 3D film. The PS3 cannot bitstream TrueHD if the video content is sequential 3D as used for 3D Blue-ray titles. So the answer is yes, the PS3 can output Atmos encoded content as long as the console is the slim model, you bitstream the TrueHD audio and as long as the film isn't the sequential 3D version.

Yes it is... And when i watch "300" appear Dolby true hd on the screen.... Now i dont understand if my ps3 in able to reproduce the Atmos sound....

i understood that If a BD player can reproduce Dolby true hd,also dolby atmos can be reproduced... Right?

16 minutes ago, Fracchia23 said:

Yes it is... And when i watch "300" appear Dolby true hd on the screen.... Now i dont understand if my ps3 in able to reproduce the Atmos sound....

i understood that If a BD player can reproduce Dolby true hd,also dolby atmos can be reproduced... Right?

The old fat ps3 will not transmit atmos. I had the same problem, I use my ps4 for atmos. Google it. The slim ps3 can do atmos