New to Klipsch, help identify these La Scalas

audiodogster

On 9/14/2016 at 0:35 PM, Marvel said:

So you paid $400 and you will try to flip them for $1700? Nice move...

To each his own.

I just had to get the moderators involved on my for sale thread to clean it up. Let me give you a better understanding of how I managed to buy these for $400. I bought these through an auction company that made a mistake on their listing. I contacted them about the mistake but they did not fix it before the auction closed. I didn't know a thing about them but knew they are well loved and worth some money so I took a risk and bid. I won them for $400. The auction company manager told me that he had a new employee do the listings, it was a lesson for them on running an internet auction as this was one of their first after doing live auctions for 25 years. He seemed to know a good bit about Klipsch (at least more than me), told me I got a good deal and helped me carry the speakers out of their warehouse and get them loaded in my van. I would agree with you had I taken advantage of someone to get them for $400 but I did what I could to notify the company of the error. They were completely fine with the outcome and I will be participating in their next auction. The fact I paid $400 doesn't change the value. I am negotiable on the price and accepting trades because although I have done some research, it is difficult to know exactly what these are worth.

Now to move on, does anyone know how I could repair the finish on these? It's black paint but it's textured, I wouldn't know how to match the texture. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2016 at 9:15 AM, audiodogster said:

I'd like to see if I could just touch up the original finish. It wouldn't be perfect but maybe a paint correction pen would do the trick.

EDIT: Is Duratex probably what was used on these in the first place?

Some one else will have to answer that. I know duratex is commonly used by folks but not sure what Klipsch used. If you veneer, I can help.