sub implemantion...

Schu

for those of you running a dedicated 2-channel pre amp.... how are you integrating a sub woofer (if at all).

I have been using my Pioneer as a pre amp but I recently purchased a dedicated 2-channel tube pre amp and I can not figure out a way to integrate my sub woofer without have the signal pass thru my receiver... the whole idea was to eliminate the receiver from the signal chain to see if sound quality increases.

45 minutes ago, A1UC said:

A real 2 channel system don't use a Sub :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really true, although I don't think thats the answer he's looking for. But...a good two channel would not require a sub at all. I think however those days are almost gone. There's nothing wrong with one for small speakers, or even most larger ones. I have a set of CW AT-15's and they don't need any sub at all, even for a bass freak.

Perhaps I'm cheating...

I run the outputs from my Peach into my active crossover.  I take the parallel outputs of the active crossover (Dx38) and run those into my second Dx38 (full signal).

I am working out the kinks (or at least trying to) of then having that power a dedicated Crown K2 and a Danley DTS-10

Still have some issues to deal with but they're on the back burner right now.

Hey Schu, I am using an Emotiva XDA-2 preamp/DAC/Headphone amp which has both balanced XLR outputs and unbalanced RCA's. I run the XLR from the pre to my XPA-2 amp out to my speakers and the RCA outs from the XDA-2 to a pair of 10 inch powered subs. The Heresey I's get exactly what they need in that extra lower end oomph. It is not overpowering since they are only ten inch subs but they align themselves perfectly with the Heresies for a much better well rounded sound.

Tim

• Like 1

Right/left preouts from my Yamaha A-S1000 integrated to right/left inputs on my RSW-10d.  Low pass filter on RSW-10d set to 50Hz and EQ set to "Flat".  Subwoofer completely disappears and system sounds like I moved the RF-63's in place of the RB-75's/RSW-10d combo.  Smooth and seamless.

Bill

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, teaman said:

Hey Schu, I am using an Emotiva XDA-2 preamp/DAC/Headphone amp which has both balanced XLR outputs and unbalanced RCA's. I run the XLR from the pre to my XPA-2 amp out to my speakers and the RCA outs from the XDA-2 to a pair of 10 inch powered subs. The Heresey I's get exactly what they need in that extra lower end oomph. It is not overpowering since they are only ten inch subs but they align themselves perfectly with the Heresies for a much better well rounded sound.

Tim

^hmmm... I think I need something along those lines. Without being able to scrounge around in the lower registers, I can not feel the music as well.

I know I can still use my preouts, as I do now, but I wanted to try and avoid the receiver all together to see what kind of sound I get.

• Like 1

I never heard a 2 ch setup that sounded good with a sub , again that's just my personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard one with a horn loaded sub? They work great for two-channel. No rumble just clean natural sounding musical bass.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk