WTB Klipsch Quartet Speaker pair Internationnal shipping

deol33

it may be very difficult for you to find a vendor who is willing to ship and even less so to ship internationally. If I ship to you and there are issues I am the one who will be responsible for having to file any insurance claim not you. Most vendors are simply not going to be willing to take on all that responsibility on top of packing for international shipping which by the way very many people have no clue about. Not saying that it is impossible but difficult. I would not undertake such a project nor would I recommend it to anyone I know.

As they say "Your Mileage May Vary". One last comment if you cannot afford air shipping then scrap the plans because surface shipping is a virtual guarantee for damaged goods on which you will never be able to make a successful claim. Good luck.

Hello and Thanks for the advice

Indeed you re right, but I mainly have the choice between

option 1 to risk a small 1,000 usd for forte II ground postal shipping

(knowing that cosmetic things don't affect me so much, I am more worried about the technical working part)

option 2 I can warranty my used forte II buying shipping with Fedex ++ or equivalent services for a total of +3,000 usd

(that currently I don't have by the way)

So I will not say that what I am trying to do is good, neither the best option, and far away to be an example to follow, but,

it is just for me, at that time, according many parameters, the way I could / will try,

while keeping my fingers crossed ;-)

8 hours ago, deol33 said:

option 1 to risk a small 1,000 usd for forte II ground postal shipping

(knowing that cosmetic things don't affect me so much, I am more worried about the technical working part)

option 2 I can warranty my used forte II buying shipping with Fedex ++ or equivalent services for a total of +3,000 usd

(that currently I don't have by the way)

So I will not say that what I am trying to do is good, neither the best option, and far away to be an example to follow, but,

it is just for me, at that time, according many parameters, the way I could / will try,

while keeping my fingers crossed ;-)

I do not believe that you are going to find a poatal service anywhere which will ship such a large package. If you think because you pay Fed Ex or UPS or DHL or any freight service and also buy expensive insurance and that if the goods get damaged you will get the cash amount of the insurance back you are taking a very big risk with your money. It is a game plain and simple. You pay they take it and break it and they claim you did not pack it sufficiently and they will not cover the claim. That's how it generally works, not always but most of the time that is the standard format for how things go with freight companies. The only way to stack the cards in your favor is to air ship with the fastest delivery option that you can afford. That is your second best way to insure that your goods arrive in good condition. The first way you can insure that your goods arrive safe and sound is to pack them so they can stand drops of 6-8 feet on any surface or edge and that you cover all exposed drivers with minimum of 1/4" plywood to prevent puncture. Have the mid compression driver removed from the horn and packed securely on the inside of the cabinet so it cannot snap off to then rattle around inside doing damage to the woofer and to the passive. I have had this happen several times. I am not trying to be negative quite the opposite I am attempting to help you to make sure that your goods get to you in good condition.

If I were you I would be using on line searching to find possible local to you options with in a days driving distance. You decide if you have found something that you might like to purchase then you go look at them and if they are what you want you buy them and you drive them home yourself. That is the very best way to protect your investment. You know exactly what it is you are buying you see the goods hear the goods (because you take your gear with you to audition them) and you transport the speakers yourself to your home safe and sound. That is the very best thing that you could do. If you have to plan a road trip as a sort of holiday to check out possible purchase options in the nearest large city centre where you can find used goods. International shipping is like gambling in Las Vegas the dealer almost always wins because it's set up that way. Good luck.

Some more information for those living in South East Asia

Official Klipsch dealer in Bangkok - Thailand

(the closest to me)

R-15PM two powered speakers 50wpc plus R-10SW powered sub-woofer : 1,000 US$ (If I give up I will go for this ... money capability ...)

Cornwall III new : 7,500 US$

Heresy III new : 3,100 US$

Plus shipping costs (not so much as it is ''only'' 1,000km)

These information maybe make it more clear

why I try so hard to buy used Klipsch speakers heritage series

in USA and try to ship them to Cambodia ...

• 3 weeks later...