How do you store and use your Tubes

Cantilope

Hello my fellow tubers... My collection has now grown to 3 set of power tubes, 2 preamp tubes and 1 rectifier tube.  I am finding that I like to switch between the KT-88s and the EL34s depending on the speaker.  Do any of you have any cool ideas to store the tubes while not in use.  I have been wrapping them up and placing them in the original boxes, but that seems hard on the boxes and not the best solution. 

I was thinking of this (maybe one for each set of power tubes)

https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1040-Micro-Case-Black-Clear/dp/B001GGBORU/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1472486634&sr=8-1&keywords=pelican+display+case

Do any of you have anything that might be better?  The pelican seems like overkill...

A Pelican case?  Are you traveling to Kathmandu with your tubes anytime soon????  I store my "valuable" tubes wrapped in paper towel, and stored in a small plastic clear shoebox type of thing.  You really don't need anything else, IMHO....

Tubes are much more rugged then you would think.

I've got cases in cardboard boxes, some of the boxes in those big plastic bins, tubes lying around in various stages of repose, some nekkid, some sharing a drink, some just with towels draped over  them...

...even had a few floating around in my aquarium for awhile.  Kept some in the same drawer as my suppositories, but I straightened that out that particular storage snafu pretty  quick.

I like the pelican cases!  If your house has ever been hit by a tornado you understand.  Of course you still have to find it after.

Clear plastic tubs work great though.  For the small individual signal tubes I like to use the clear plastic nickle coin tubes.