Adding an amplifier to my RF-7II

KillerGurt

Hi guys,

Ever since  I received my new speakers (RF-7II, RC-64II and RS-250), I have literally been in heaven. What an experience!

I did decide to get a dedicated amp for the fronts and center and just received my Emotiva XPA3.

Before connecting it, I read the manual and it says not to use DIGITAL coax RCA cables when connecting the amp to the receiver, that it might damage the amp and/or the speakers. I quickly checked the cables that I bought and I think they are digital, I didn't even pay attention to this when I got them.

what is the story with this? Do I need to buy analog coax RCA to do this? Any recommendation? Why can digital cables damage my system?

Needless to say that I am in agony staring at my amp, not being able to connect it :-(

Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, KillerGurt said:

Hi guys,

Ever since  I received my new speakers (RF-7II, RC-64II and RS-250), I have literally been in heaven. What an experience!

I did decide to get a dedicated amp for the fronts and center and just received my Emotiva XPA3.

Before connecting it, I read the manual and it says not to use DIGITAL coax RCA cables when connecting the amp to the receiver, that it might damage the amp and/or the speakers. I quickly checked the cables that I bought and I think they are digital, I didn't even pay attention to this when I got them.

what is the story with this? Do I need to buy analog coax RCA to do this? Any recommendation? Why can digital cables damage my system?

Needless to say that I am in agony staring at my amp, not being able to connect it :-(

Thanks for your help!

I find that odd also.  I have many in use for non digital purposes and no problems, yet.:o

3 hours ago, Youthman said:

Interesting....I've owned 3 amps (non-emotiva) and I've always used Digital Coax RCA's with them and they worked great.  Maybe Emo has different circuitry?

Like Michael mentioned, maybe Emo knows something we don't.:unsure:

Bill