No more nekkid Heresys at my house

teknoid

A kudos shout out and BIG thank you to forum member BamaMike. He supplied me with a pair of VERY nice black cloth Heresy grills. A more than fair price, prompt shipping and packaging that would survive the very worst the gorilla baggage handlers in the old Samsonite commercial could dish out. Pop quiz... Who else is old enough to remember that commercial?

I acquired a set of badges off the Bay a few months ago with visions of buying grill cloth from Mr. Crites (sorry Bob) and building the grills in what little time I have available. BamaMike saved me from the effort and also saved me a few $$ in the process.

For those interested you're looking at a pair of 84 Heresys driven by an Onkyo Integra A-9711 integrated amplifier which is in turn being fed by a Dual 1245 turntable with a Shure V15 III cartridge, an Onkyo Integra T-4711 tuner, an Onkyo Integra DPS-6.5 optical disc player. The bottom octaves that the Heresys can't handle are filled out by a Dayton (Parts-Express) 12" subwoofer.

Considering I have WAY less than $1K invested in this system including the stand it sounds WAY better than it should for the $$. I've had several friends who heard the system ask me to help them replicate it for them. So far the stars have simply not aligned for me to help them get anywhere close to what I'm blessed with being able to listen to at anywhere near the few $$ that I've invested.

Grills1.jpg

Grills2.jpg

• Like 1

One of the simplest jobs in the world, scuff sanding the risers and re spraying with your choice of paint to make you happy.

What the heck is "Wally- World" paint????

They simply carry all the predominantly distributed national brands of spray paints.

I'm not sure good/ bad, but "Wally World" problem?

Do you know they sell excellent cheap no name RTV silicone caulk at a bout 1/2 price of name brands?

Same stuff.

He may not be a professional painter (but I bet it's fine) but a great helpful smart caring good man anyway.

Lars