ALK Crossovers - AP12-500

dkalsi

Thanks Budman - good point. 

Based on Al's website, the AP-12 500 are best suited for upgrading La Scala and Belle. 

I know few fellow forum members also used them successfully in 2-way Cornwall System, where a 2" driver was employed from 500Hz up. 

These crossovers are ideal any setup where the squaker will safely play down to 500Hz. 

• Like 1

Zappa, 

It is my understanding that they will work with Khorns. Per my conversation with ALK, these can be dropped in where the squaker can play down to 500 hz, which it can in the case of Khorn. That being said, I'm not 100% sure whether the bassbin of the Khorn can play upto 500hz. If it can, then yes these can be employed within Khorn. ALK's website suggests these to be a perfect upgrade to the Klipsch Belle and La Scala. 

Just a reminder, these will allow for:

i) a stepped upgrade: one can upgrade the Squaker/Bassbin with these now and at a later date upgrade the tweeter/squaker. 

ii)  A 2-way system, with bassbin playing upto 500Hz and the 2" driver playing from 500Hz and up. For example one of the many combinations with Dave's fractrac horns. 

I'm hoping that at only $200, at least someone would want to try these out. If I'm not mistaken, the parts alone exceed $200. 

23 minutes ago, Budman said:

i'm no expert but these were made for the Lascala and the Belle

both are 3 way speakers

I agree, the proper ALK crossover for the KHorn is the AP12-350 and the AP15-6000 or ES5800.

For three way operation the AP or ES filter element needs to be added.

That said, this a great price and a fine crossover.