HK730 and LaScalas

mojomc

So about a week ago I completed recapping the AA crossovers in our 1977 LS and at the same time received an HK730 that I obtained from a forum member here, jimjimbo.

The unit showed up very well packaged but unfortunately I did not get to connect it the day it arrived. Anticipation mounted! Come Saturday I had some time to reinstall the crossovers and hook up the unit. Upon turning on the power and supplying some James Brown something magical began to transpire. Immediately our two sons, ages 6 and 3, began to smile, laugh, and dance all over the room followed by Mom and Dad. We spent the entire day just listening and enjoying, no TV. Later, again instead of the TV, we listened to a local sports broadcast and once again the detail was amazing. Fast forward almost a week and the TV has barely been used. We've started listening to piano and classical during dinnertime and the response from the kids has

been phenomenal. They calm down and eat better! Thank you Klipsch, HK and jimjimbo for sharing this vintage piece of gear!

We couldn't be happier with the LS and garage sale purchased HK730 combo!

• Like 4

Awesome story... I love it.

Congratulations

I am currently going thru a similar epiphany with my new pre amp... music never seemed so alive and indeed lifelike. I finally found the weak link in my system and removed it.

• Like 1

Eastern electric minimax point to point tube pre...

It really delivers the goods at not to bad of a price. I think they retail for about 1100$... but I found a used one for 500$ shipped. I am VERY happy right now.

I think the life of a system can be made or lost in a pre amp.