SOLD- SOLD- SOLD Klispch Forte II Speakers with Crites Upgrades- $500.00

Jim

Selling my Klipsch forte II's that have the Crites crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphrams. They also have the original diaphrams and crossovers. I will also throw in the Brazilian Rosewood veneer I purchased for them to redo the cabinets. The cabinets are in fair condition with some water damage done to the tops and on one of the risers from the prior owner putting plants on them.

No issues with any of the drivers or horns,they play as they should.

The veneer alone was $175.00 and everyone knows the cost of the Crites upgrades.

No shipping unless buyer takes it on their own to contact shipping company and sets up for them to package them. I will drop off locally and bubble wrap them if needed. If using paypal please add on the 3% fee.

f21.jpg

f22.jpg

f23.jpg

f24.jpg

f25.jpg

f26.jpg

f27.jpg

f28.jpg

f29.jpg

f210.jpg

• Like 1

Dear Jim, Very Very interested by the deal (you may have seen my WTB Forte II just near your post title),

but as I am living in Cambodia, I have to find out first a shipping solution to not bother you for nothing,

I will let you know asap, I hope these will not disappear before I find out something ... ;-)

Bests . Andeol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fido said:

What speakers will replace your fortes?

I'm looking at either Vandersteens or Maggies. I may wind up just finishing these off and putting them into my bedroom for my HT/TV purposes and just sell the KG 4.2's. I'm going to give it 2 weeks total and if they don't sell may just pull them and put up the KG's.

Both sets were done with the Crites crossovers,but the forte II's have the titanium diaphrams.

Wow Jim so you are going a totally different direction with the Electrostatic style speakers. The electrostatics I have heard are very accurate and if I listened to jazz or classical I'd be tempted. I'm a classic rock addict so the Klipsche are perfect for what I listen to and I did the Crites mods and it really helped as did adding the HSU sub to fill in that bottom end. Someone should scoop your Fortes up - just a great rock speaker set

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grizzog said:

These are very tempting. I'd actually want to keep them black but not sure how much work it may be to make that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzog,

It's more the tops that are the issue, I was going to just redo them in black as well, and sanding them to be flat isn't an issue, because all you'd have to di is lay down a piece of veneer on the tops if you sanded through the original veneer.

The bottom most likely can be turned to the back, or redone over.

2 hours ago, Fido said:

Wow Jim so you are going a totally different direction with the Electrostatic style speakers. The electrostatics I have heard are very accurate and if I listened to jazz or classical I'd be tempted. I'm a classic rock addict so the Klipsche are perfect for what I listen to and I did the Crites mods and it really helped as did adding the HSU sub to fill in that bottom end. Someone should scoop your Fortes up - just a great rock speaker set

I'm more classic rock, but also mixed as well besides the jazz/rap, so they fill that spectrum nice. But I can't place them where I want with how I'm looking to set up my room.

The only thing I have going for me is that I can do whatever I want in my family room as it's my home office/man cave.I'm the only one who uses it. So I can experiment with things more,hence being able to use the cardas method of speaker placement and bringing them out into the room. Otherwise, they'd be like everything in the living room and bedroom. Stationary against the walls for the most part.

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Grizzog,

It's more the tops that are the issue, I was going to just redo them in black as well, and sanding them to be flat isn't an issue, because all you'd have to di is lay down a piece of veneer on the tops if you sanded through the original veneer.

The bottom most likely can be turned to the back, or redone over.

With all the extras you are giving ....it seems like a nice project for someone. Wish I lived closer to NJ.

Somebody PLEASE rescue these!!!!

G.E.M.