High Quality Vinyl Suggestions for RP-280f

busht4169

Hello all,

Looking for a bit of advice for some high quality recordings I can get on vinyl.  I have access here in central Minnesota to some great sources for good vinyl.  I really want to use my system for more than just movies and games.  I got a great Marantz turntable and really want to use my RP-280f and my receiver for quality recordings.  My knowledge is sorely lacking about quality musical recordings.  I just know that the original recording must be of high quality for anything made from it to sound any good.  I do listen and enjoy a wide range of music.  If anyone is willing to pass on some suggestions or thoughts, I am open to many musical offerings the world has to offer. 

Along with your feedback, anyone is welcome to leave opinions of their recommendations and such. 

Thank you all in advance for any help you may send. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you like jazz, see if you can get your hands on the RSD (record store day) Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue".  Another would be the Analogue Productions repress of Dave Brubeck's "Time Out".  If you like the Beatles, all of the mono reissues (with the exception of "Help!") sound great.  Should also add that if you're a Beach Boys fan, the new reissues (also Analogue Productions) sound amazing, especially Pet Sounds.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:11 AM, wdecho said:

You left the choice of music open. Anytime you run across a good "Original Master Recording" LP grab it. 

I did.  I really am a noob to 'high quality' vinyl, hence me asking.  I do love many types of music

Where do I find the label you are speaking of???  I just got a new cartridge and stylus for my turntable, cost $600, but is def worth it.  Original Recording sounds perfect for what I am looking to hear. 

Thank you again for you input.  You really are helping