When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

40 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

And just another example that you just don't get it....

I don't think you get it. I wonder how you would treat each other if you got to sit down and have a drink together.

There have been some great folks on here.

1 hour ago, Honeybadger said:

What happened to DJK was kind of a jerk, but great projects, and wise.

He still shows up on occasion. Always short and to the point. I would just say he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

There are some who didn't seem to respect anyone else's opinion at all. I've talked with some of these folks in person, and find their demeanor a lot different that the way they sometimes come off on here. I mean, really, how could you be for for Michigan?

43 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The written word is a legacy for abuse.

Isn't that the truth!

• Like 2

No, I "get it", and so do a lot of other people. They see me on the receiving end of the bullshit, and the texts and emails start coming in. For whatever reason, you're oblivious. 

1) I don't have a problem with the moderators, I have a problem with how some things are moderated - big difference. 

2) People can insult me, but if I defend myself - I get warned off. I'm not whining, I'm disappointed at the obvious favoritism. 

3) People always come here if they have a question about someone's product. I had initially left, but came back in when someone misidentified something I had built. I decided to stick around and try to be helpful. I started the AA build thread, and generally try to be helpful - I've even helped you, in spite of the animosity I know you have towards me.

You're an example of what's wrong with this place. I post concerns, and instead of addressing them intelligently - you decide to insult me. I jab back, and you go off like a five year old. This is your m.o. - I expected no less.

10 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I wonder how you would treat each other if you got to sit down and have a drink together.

...or on a deserted island.

giphy.gif

Of course then there would be a heated debate on who's the Skipper, Gilligan or the Professor

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deang said:

I get email from people who have left this place. They don't post anymore because of the hair trigger moderating and favoritism - and apparently, Klipsch employees get to say anything they want without consequence. Meanwhile, I've had posts and threads deleted without explanation. I guess everyone here gets to promote anything they want except me. 

Moderators don't seem to be able to recognize a "veiled" personal attack. I've been accused of shilling, having an "agenda", being inept, ignorant and stupid. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to read between the lines. I'm no longer treated as a person who has supported Klipsch products for 15 years, or who has spent close to $20K on NEW Klipsch product. 

I'm also getting really tired of people who play the "you're an untrustworthy third party vendor" card, everytime they hear something they don't like or agree with - this is what drove Dave Harris from the forum - one of nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. 

Some people get carte blanche when it comes to expressing themselves, while others get stifled or chastised - simply due to favoritism. 

I stay because I have to support my products, and I do like to help - but I'm getting tired of the petty, small minded nonsense.

The BS section was originally designed to be a place where people could slug out AUDIO RELATED topics. We used to have knock down drag out arguments about the merits and deficiencies of different amplifier topologies and several other topics - it was a way to remove the toxicity from the general boards/public. The place serves no real purpose now - since arguing about anything audio related is generally frowned upon. How ironic. 

This is place used to carry and exemplify the intense spirit of PWK - I don't know what it is now. 

Dean, you are also the master of contradiction.  Read your post above and then tell me you didn't state you have a problem with the moderators.  You're not whining, but everyone else gets what they want except you?  I'm not the one who's oblivious.  And, if truth be told, my animosity toward you, (if that's what you want to call it), stems from the fact that you were oblivious to my technical requests and your lack of common courtesy relative to your customer service.  Others can say what they will about your "beautiful works of art", and whatever dealings they've had with you, but I only know what I know about my own personal experience with your service and your product.  And you want to call me a five year old, and say that what you really posted were "concerns"?   Whatever...have a nice day.  

I still have all of the texts and email that went between us. Sorry, but in my world, the customer isn't always right. Btw, you publically stated that after an a/b comparison (with friends), a stock Chorus sounded better than what I sent you - yet I recently saw that you're actually using the modified networks - what gives?

So, you can't tell the difference between me complaining about how some moderation is performed and what I think of as the moderators as people? Well, Carl has done business with me, and we've traded a lot of email - great guy. Christy and Eldon have met both me and my wife, and we spent a great afternoon together on Colter's porch gabbing the day away. Good people - and I've known Dave from around here forever - I don't think we've ever had a run in. 

Yeah, I posted a rant, but where are the insults and personal attacks. Compare to your initial responses to me.

Time to stop, said what I wanted to earlier. 

There is no wimps to be found here. With such a diverse membership of age and experience, I am just surprised there is not more moderating than there is. Myself as an example, I have not received a single warning or point against when I may have  deserved one. There are various opinions and personality types here, from wearing of feeling on their respective shoulders, to those who are oblivious to their own words, and how they may make the other feel.

As for the broad generalizations about this or that, there are almost always exceptions. Painting with a broad brush almost always ends up labeling a person, topic, opinion, or thing. Labels are fine but not very helpful at getting at the truth. Truth is we are all different and unique, and the same. Take a serious topic like audio, which is like most things in life both complex and simple. A bit of an enigma.

This forum is not all about me, regardless of how my ego may feel about it. Reality shows me that I have barely scratched the surface of my experience and understanding about the intricacies of just Klipsch product, nevermind the associated hardware. In the past I have always referred new members to the search function, as there are untold riches and treasure  troves left here over the years before I even knew about this site. Have wanted to contribute more than I have taken from here, although I lack the knowledge to do so intelligently. This has resulted in some parroting by me. No, no wimps here. Just a vast group of people trying to get along with each other who have forgotten more than I may ever know. Like friends holding a grudge forever, all is forgiven when a Klipsch forum member is at a loss and needs a helping hand. Holding a grudge, like I have tried to learn, is more of a detriment to me, than the person who lets it slide off their back like water under a bridge. To make myself clear, which is difficult to do over a keyboard, I couldn't make a pimple on some of your ***'s when it comes to audio. Like my brother said to me before, you are the best there was, the best there is and, the best there ever will be. Same goes for you!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, billybob said:

There is no wimps to be found here. With such a diverse membership of age and experience, I am just surprised there is not more moderating than there is. Myself as an example, I have not received a single warning or point against when I may have  deserved one. There are various opinions and personality types here, from wearing of feeling on their respective shoulders, to those who are oblivious to their own words, and how they may make the other feel.

As for the broad generalizations about this or that, there are almost always exceptions. Painting with a broad brush almost always ends up labeling a person, topic, opinion, or thing. Labels are fine but not very helpful at getting at the truth. Truth is we are all different and unique, and the same. Take a serious topic like audio, which is like most things in life both complex and simple. A bit of an enigma.

This forum is not all about me, regardless of how my ego may feel about it. Reality shows me that I have barely scratched the surface of my experience and understanding about the intricacies of just Klipsch product, nevermind the associated hardware. In the past I have always referred new members to the search function, as there are untold riches and treasure  troves left here over the years before I even knew about this site. Have wanted to contribute more than I have taken from here, although I lack the knowledge to do so intelligently. This has resulted in some parroting by me. No, no wimps here. Just a vast group of people trying to get along with each other who have forgotten more than I may ever know. Like friends holding a grudge forever, all is forgiven when a Klipsch forum member is at a loss and needs a helping hand. Holding a grudge, like I have tried to learn, is more of a detriment to me, than the person who lets it slide off their back like water under a bridge. To make myself clear, which is difficult to do over a keyboard, I couldn't make a pimple on some of your ***'s when it comes to audio. Like my brother said to me before, you are the best there was, the best there is and, the best there ever will be. Same goes for you!

Why can't we just be friends.....:emotion-29:

• Like 1

All this wimp talk is hilarious.  There has to be an abnormally high percentage of former high school AV squad members here - that's one notch below the chess club.  

So face facts, this forum is full of socially deficient wimps, geeks, and nerds.

AV%20Squad_zpsgr5fgnij.jpg 

I was in the meteorology club, checked all the instruments five days a week and wasn't even in the yearbook. It was kinda weird, as some folks were listed whom I didn't even know.

Maybe they pulled the info from some other year...B)

• Like 1

Ahh.....I recall the good ole daze when Trey was the "sorta" moderator. He stopped by every week or two just to make sure there were no murders. We've had some epic battles, lasting days or weeks. I never haggled with one member that I wanted to see leave the forum. I've never contacted a moderator or anyone else to complain about a member. I do understand Klipsch position, they sell audio gear, not boxing gear. This forum has become slightly less entertaining , in all honesty. BUT...it still has great members with a wealth of knowledge and most very helpful.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Speak for yourself, Sput.

Ha!  I'll bet that you were the captain of your AV squad, I can just imagine you pushing a projector up and down the hallways while young Thaddeus burned with envy.  I was on the ski team but, to be honest, also on the debate team which cancelled all of the coolness of being on the ski team; however, both activities were coed (wink-wink-nudge-nudge-say-no-more.) 

• Like 4