When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

To get back to the topic, IMO, it would be shortsighted of Klipsch to discourage discussions regarding "updating" or "upgrading" Klipsch products or designs.  PWK was an excellent engineer who built products that could be sold in a market.  That does not mean that tinkerers could not make changes that would be prohibitively expensive for a commercially viable product.

ClaudeJ1 comes to mind as an example of the above.  There are many others too numerous to mention.  Claude knew Paul personally for decades and was a guest in Paul's home.  They probably argued about how to best achieve musical reproduction.  Nonetheless, Claude, as were most of us, was drawn to Klipsch products by the high efficiency and low distortion that he and Paul knew could only be provided by horn loaded transducers.  Claude has many highly informative threads detailing how he has gone beyond products available from Klipsch to achieve his goals.  The Quarter Pie bass horn thread comes to mind.

If Klipsch now feels threatened by such discussions, it's mistaken.  Eliminating, or even severely restricting, such discussions would suck the life out of this forum.

@ClaudeJ1

• Like 1

The Spartans have beaten the Buckeyes in 3 of the last 5 contests.

•  
  • 11/21/2015
  • Columbus, OH
  •  
  •  
  • 11/8/2014
  • East Lansing, MI
  •  
  •  
  • 12/7/2013
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Big Ten Championship Game
  •  
  • 9/29/2012
  • East Lansing, MI
  •  
  •  
  • 10/1/2011
  • Columbus, OH
  •  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2016 at 1:35 PM, anarchist said:

Ditto.  There were several personalities that made you want to visit the forum everyday (regardless of topic)  and most of them have been silenced.  For me, the heyday of the forum has passed and those graphs tend to bear that out.  But, hey, what do I know... I find Twitter and YouTube comments to be meaningless and bereft of any intelligence but there are millions of sheep following half-wits around offering up all manner of useless drivel.

I have been conspicuously absent from here because of other priorities in life. I just updated the caps in an old HS buddy's Cornwalls. He got them 44 years ago and we lost touch. He is still very happy with the sound. I still have K402's with TAD drivers on a shelf, awaiting a bass section (I designed another bass horn, but I have other priorities). As to my system, I upgraded my electronics and went back to 6 channels of SPL TD-1's for the time being because of downsizing AGAIN. This time I reduced my subwoofage from 3 Danley TH-50's to only one in the rear and one OThorn in front. Great balance between 2.2 (very musical) and 6.2 (very impactful). For some LFE stuff, I sometimes miss my DTS-10's, but I'm very happy with the present compromises. My Yamaha pre pro has ESS Sabre DACs, which seem to appear in all high end gear. I'm glad to have that back in the setup since getting rid of my OPPO 83 Special Edition to upgrade the Video section in the newer 103.

As even more of an "all Klipsch" traitor, I even like some direct radiator systems, but I prefer having ALL HORNS, ALL THE TIME, whenever possible.

Ciao for now..................................and may you all strive to enjoy as much "micro detail" as I do with full dynamics. 

• Like 2

As even more of an "all Klipsch" traitor, I even like some direct radiator systems, but I prefer having ALL HORNS, ALL THE TIME, whenever possible.

Ciao for now..................................

BTW, I also still have 4 commercial Heresy's, and 3 of my Super Heresy's, which will be back in service soon. I guess I'm not a Klipsch traitor after all, but I STRONGLY believe in tapped horn subwoofers married to low distortion speakers that can do 80 Hz. and above with or without a bass horn (LaScalas and Peavey FH-1's, my Quarter Pie, and Volvotreter's 77 Hz. Midbass horn come to mind) but Heresy's will do when done right.