When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

6 hours ago, twk123 said:

Lol I think there are exactly 3 Millennials on this forum.

Aye, but it's the previous generation that gave birth to that sensitive don't hurt anyone's feelings crap.....the millenials are the first generation to experience it in its full fruition. And it's not that any one person in the older generation is sensitive on everything. Each person picks their line that they won't allow to be crossed....until we have a culture full of all these lines, each drawn by individuals.

That's why having multiple moderators sucks so much....especially the volunteer types that want to prove their worth to the world. There is no clear boundary to push....the resultant culture here is just boring.

Think about why a show like Top Gear was so much more popular and genuinely more interesting with Jeremy Clarkson as the host versus the new cast.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DrWho said:

it's the previous generation that gave birth to that sensitive don't hurt anyone's feelings crap

GenX?  The quintessential disruptors?  I don't think so.  Check your demographics.  Who do you think the millennials parents are?

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/brainiac/2008/01/generation_x.html

5 minutes ago, DrWho said:

Aye, but it's the previous generation that gave birth to that sensitive don't hurt anyone's feelings crap.....the millenials are the first generation to experience it in its full fruition. And it's not that any one person in the older generation is sensitive on everything. Each person picks their line that they won't allow to be crossed....until we have a culture full of all these lines, each drawn by individuals.

That's why having multiple moderators sucks so much....especially the volunteer types that want to prove their worth to the world. There is no clear boundary to push....the resultant culture here is just boring.

Think about why a show like Top Gear was so much more popular and genuinely more interesting with Jeremy Clarkson as the host versus the new cast.

Trigger Warning: Generational Discussion

I see what you are saying and do agree regarding the generation that raised millennials into the feeling obsessed Politically Correct nightmare we have now. We have let TV and Buzzfeed take over parenting. How was it before the current moderators? We just had a Klipsch employee moderate?

The new Top Gear has potential, they just need to let Chris Harris actually be part of the real show as he was the only one any real gearhead wanted to see in the first place.

Kids are the meanest people. If they were lurking and trolling you here you would want to shoot yourself in the head. Look through some of the unabridged youtube replies. Stop in on Reddit some time. If there is political correctness in that generation, I have yet to see it.

The problem here is the thin skin of some of the people here. There is a big difference in an intellectual debate and personal attacks. The personal attacks come from the ones with thin skin. 

You show me a way for people not to be so defensive of themselves that they become tyrants, and I will show you a forum with some real intellectual flaming.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twk123 said:

Trigger Warning: Generational Discussion

I see what you are saying and do agree regarding the generation that raised millennials into the feeling obsessed Politically Correct nightmare we have now. We have let TV and Buzzfeed take over parenting. How was it before the current moderators? We just had a Klipsch employee moderate?

The new Top Gear has potential, they just need to let Chris Harris actually be part of the real show as he was the only one any real gearhead wanted to see in the first place.

Amy worked for Klipsch and she was often referred to as the Den Mother. She totally treated us like kids because we always acted like kids. Jeremy Clarkson acts like a kid. ;)

All the old posts are there. I'm surprised they haven't gone through and censored everything yet. Look for posts by guys like Parrot or MAS - they eventually got themselves banned. Craig (nosvalves), Dean, Mdeneen are some other names to look for. Then there was coytee who was obsesses with Amy's earlobes for some reason. And wasn't there a rubber duck floating around for a bit too?

Take any old thread with more than 10 pages that is more than 6 years old....so much fun.

• Like 1

I get email from people who have left this place. They don't post anymore because of the hair trigger moderating and favoritism - and apparently, Klipsch employees get to say anything they want without consequence. Meanwhile, I've had posts and threads deleted without explanation. I guess everyone here gets to promote anything they want except me. 

Moderators don't seem to be able to recognize a "veiled" personal attack. I've been accused of shilling, having an "agenda", being inept, ignorant and stupid. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to read between the lines. I'm no longer treated as a person who has supported Klipsch products for 15 years, or who has spent close to $20K on NEW Klipsch product. 

I'm also getting really tired of people who play the "you're an untrustworthy third party vendor" card, everytime they hear something they don't like or agree with - this is what drove Dave Harris from the forum - one of nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. 

Some people get carte blanche when it comes to expressing themselves, while others get stifled or chastised - simply due to favoritism. 

I stay because I have to support my products, and I do like to help - but I'm getting tired of the petty, small minded nonsense.

The BS section was originally designed to be a place where people could slug out AUDIO RELATED topics. We used to have knock down drag out arguments about the merits and deficiencies of different amplifier topologies and several other topics - it was a way to remove the toxicity from the general boards/public. The place serves no real purpose now - since arguing about anything audio related is generally frowned upon. How ironic. 

This is place used to carry and exemplify the intense spirit of PWK - I don't know what it is now. 

• Like 3

I have been following this forum for years, I was member before the forum shift.

Seems to me that several well known contributors left this forum, or rarely post due to being

hounded and badgered. Its a real shame because a few of these contributors have valid

opinions eagerly dismissed because their opinions differ from that of the self appointed

Klipsch Clergy.

Few more names to look out for: Bob Crites used to participate, share projects, was immensely helpful. Now Bob post minimally and rarely shares info about new projects. Anyone remember the birth of the Cornscala "Bobs test box" ?     Al Klappenberger (ALK) was very helpful, though could not(agree to disagree). Al used to say pick your experts wisely.

NOS Valves used to post a lot, (Very Helpful) I see Craig is back, but not the same.

Forum member I cant remember the name something "D" designed and built a speaker called the Jamboree.

What happened to DJK was kind of a jerk, but great projects, and wise.

I do miss Amy, good person and fair moderator. +++++

I guess all of these members just have personal agenda's nothing legitimate to add or share.

Congrats to all that contributed to chase these members away.

10 hours ago, DrWho said:

All the old posts are there. I'm surprised they haven't gone through and censored everything yet.

With all of the complaints about the limitations of the forum's old search function, it may not have been necessary. :huh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deang said:

Is that all you got Jim? You need to work on the insults. 

No, I really don't, because you do a great job of making a fool of yourself.  If you don't like the moderators, don't like (most) of the participants here, think everyone is out to get you...then, why stick around?  Support your products?  That's a lame excuse.  Whoever needs to contact you could do so easily.  Hair trigger moderating?  Favoritism?  Believe me, this place is nothing compared to other forums, audio and otherwise.  There are lots of other places where you can whine and be........appreciated.....Snakeoilaudio would seem to fit the bill for you.  Have a nice day.