college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

We sometimes talk about the line around here. I think the line is Bama -7. I'm an Alabama fan. That said, I would take the 7 and go with Clemson if I were a gambling man. It's gonna be a damn close one in my humble opinion. These are two very good football teams.

• Like 1

Just now, JL Sargent said:

Can we agree that the two best teams in the country are in the big game? That said, isn't it working to some degree? I guess as a whole we fans will never be satisfied?

They are the defending finalists from last year.  They were 1-2 in this year's pre-season poll.  They were picked 1-2 by the CFB committee at the end of the regular season.  3 of the 4 won their conference championship game.  They each won their respective semi-final game convincingly over top 4 opponents.

The system seems to be working.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Eight more posts and you can BS all you want.  Or is it No BS?

I can never remember.  :rolleyes:

The No BS forum seems to me like hearing noises from the other side of your parents' bedroom door.  Imagining what is taking place is unpleasant enough; opening the door would be even worse.

I have no plans to open the door.

• Like 1

Just now, JL Sargent said:

Oh heck, mostly nothing to it. A lot of Hillary Trump talk if you're into that.

What about Western Michigan vs Wisconsin coming up?

My head says Wisconsin, but my heart is pulling for Western Michigan.  I feel the Broncos will be more motivated than the Badgers, but don't know if motivation will be enough.

Regarding the RTB mantra, when you row a boat you're going backwards observing where you've been, not where you're going.  Other than the teamwork aspect, the metaphor is strained.  That said, it helped to get WMU this far so don't stop rowing now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Imagining what is taking place is unpleasant enough; opening the door would be even worse.

I have no plans to open the door.

A young Klipsch Jedi felt that way once, but was then seduced by the DarK Side of the Force and was turned to evil by the No BS Forum.  Now the man who was wvu80 is no more.