college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

That was a pretty good pair of Sunday games.  The GB v Dallas finish was unbelievable!

My Steelers won by going for passes instead of runs late to get a first down.  I like teams that play to win, rather than be afraid to lose.

6 hours ago, JJkizak said:

If the Patriots do play the Steelers you can bet that Belicheck will exploit the Levon Bell hesitation before going into the hole to teach him a "Trent Richardson" lesson.  -JJK

This is my opinion only, but that "hesitation" is NOT why Bell is so effective.  What makes that technique work is that Bell has an incredibly fast first step.  In a race to 6 feet he can't be beat. 

Yeah he almost comes to a stop when he gets to the line, but then it is a virtual footrace and simply put, he is just faster than everybody else, even among top pros, but especially against linemen.  The Steelers O-line line have been trained to engage the D-line to create gaps.  Bell spots an opening and BOOM his takes that first step and he simply accelerates faster than anybody else.

I think the best comparison is to Michael Jordan.  The reason you can't score like Mike and defend like Mike is because, you ain't Mike.

• Like 1

Le'Veon Bell is a unique runner.  I could be wrong, but I don't think "Le'Veon" is really a French name. :-)

His story is interesting.  Out of high school he was not heavily recruited by big time programs.  He dreamed of Ohio State, but they did not dream of him.  His high school coach contacted Mark Dantonio, at Michigan State, who first scouted him at a basketball game.  Unexpected problems with recruits/players at MSU caused a need at running back that Bell was able to fill.  Despite success in college, his draft status was not high.  It's safe to say that he has exceeded expectations at the college and pro levels.

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Steel over the Pat

Green over the Falconies

Love to see that scenario but both the Steelers and the Packers have a lot of wood to chop for it to become a reality.  If I recall, the last time the two teams met in a big game the results were pretty good for Packer fans.  

Pack will have a tough time with the Falcon receivers.  The big guys up front will have to play over their heads.

Big Ben seems not at his best and I agree that Belicheck will have a plan to slow Le' Veon up so it'll be a chore for the Steel City Team. 

Had to shake my head when either Joe "blow" Buck or Acheman claimed Elliott was the best running back in football.  Guess they've not watched a Steeler game!

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Put any running back behind the Dallas offensive line and they'll look like the best running back in the NFL.

Elliott is darn good and gets around the edge as good as anybody I've seen in a long time.  He's no Barry Sanders but he seems along those lines and he's just a beginner. 

I don't think the Cowboys are all that physical of a team and that's why the Giants and Packers were able to stay with them. 

10 hours ago, boomac said:

Elliott is darn good and gets around the edge as good as anybody I've seen in a long time.  He's no Barry Sanders but he seems along those lines and he's just a beginner. 

I don't think the Cowboys are all that physical of a team and that's why the Giants and Packers were able to stay with them. 

They'll be outstanding (unfortunately) the next couple years.  They've got a solid starting QB that they'll be paying peanuts to compared to other starters of his caliber in the league.  They can use the money that they're not spending on a QB to fill holes elsewhere on the team.  Look for Dallas to be in the mix every year Prescott is in his rookie contract.