college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

39 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

...  They've got a solid starting QB that they'll be paying peanuts to compared to other starters of his caliber in the league.

Can Dallas tear up his contract and pay him what he's worth?  I don't know how those things work.

They can use the money that they're not spending on a QB to fill holes elsewhere on the team.  Look for Dallas to be in the mix every year Prescott is in his rookie contract.

They are paying for a QB.  Romo is due to be paid 20 mil next year.  Again, I don't know how NLF contracts are structured but I think even if Dallas trades him they will have to pay him something.

Just now, wvu80 said:

Can Dallas tear up his contract and pay him what he's worth?  I don't know how those things work.

Sure, Jerry's going to pay someone that he doesn't have to:blink:

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

They are paying for a QB.

With the dearth of QB's in the league, someone will jump up and offer him stupid money like they did with Osweiller this year.  Teams are desperate and they won't have Romo around next year.

If you think back, that's how Seattle got such a great team.  They had Wilson playing out of his mind on a rookie salary and they used those millions to pay their defense and other players.  Wilson was making peanuts and playing at an all star level.  He's making big bucks now and they've had to let players go to get under the cap.  Where did they end up this year?

• Like 1

Do you think Romo is the new Peyton? 

Peyton was coming off an injury and the Colt's had already released him when they picked up Luck.  He was shopped all around until he found a championship team that lacked only a QB.

I read NFL stuff but I don't follow it.  Obviously teams like Cleveland are not ready for prime time, but what about the Jets?  Are there other teams lacking a QB to go next level?

I think it was more of Manning wanting to leave than the Colts getting rid of him, but it was mutual. He knew he only had a couple years left and wanted another ring, and the Colts were rebuilding. The local rumor is the the Colts are offering him their GM job.

26 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

He's at the end of his career for sure.  When Romo is healthy he's an excellent QB, in the top 25% of the league.  The problem is that he seems (to me) frail.  He's injury prone.  Someone is willing to take a gamble on him though.  I REALLY don't think he'll be in Dallas next year.  It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Or endorsement deals.

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Peyton was coming off an injury and the Colt's had already released him when they picked up Luck.  He was shopped all around until he found a championship team that lacked only a QB.

I read NFL stuff but I don't follow it.  Obviously teams like Cleveland are not ready for prime time, but what about the Jets?  Are there other teams lacking a QB to go next level?

You must be kidding....comparing Romo to Peyton is like comparing my beat up John Deere lawn tractor to a Ferrari that just needed a tune up....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You must be kidding....comparing Romo to Peyton is like comparing my beat up John Deere lawn tractor to a Ferrari that just needed a tune up....

But Romo knocked boots with Jessica Simpson.  That's gotta count for something.

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

We have two aging big-contract QB's who were replaced or about to be replaced by rookies and they are now shopping for other teams to go to.

No I'm not kidding about this, not at all. 

I'm deadly serious.  :mellow:

:P

• Like 1

Peyton Manning holds 21 NFL records

Tony Romo holds 2

Peyton Manning was named NFL MVP 5 times (4 times BEFORE he went to Denver)

Tony Romo was named NFL MVP.....never

BTW, Peyton Manning did not have a contract when he left the Colts, he was a free agent.

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Ferrari that just needed a tune up....

That cheated with ped's, and like Armstrong, no one wanted to believe it.  Unlike Armstrong, he has a giant protective bubble, and is retired so who cares anymore.  The bubble does protect his endorsements though.  Tune up?  He did all he could to lose the super bowl.  Only the broncos defense allowed them to win.

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Peyton Manning holds 21 NFL records

Tony Romo holds 2

Peyton Manning was named NFL MVP 5 times (4 times BEFORE he went to Denver)

Tony Romo was named NFL MVP.....never

BTW, Peyton Manning did not have a contract when he left the Colts, he was a free agent.

Facts, facts, facts.

What about my feelings:(