college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

1 minute ago, EmilC said:

Dave

If the above post is true that the refs were Ohio natives, you can see a potential conflict of interest. True, Michigan was the better team but also had a big influence over their own demise.

I think what you might be going for is that the conference ought to be cognizant of the  APPEARANCE of impropriety, an argument with which I would agree.  Nobody has accused the refs or cheating or collusion, it's all innuendo at this point, if I understand correctly.

1 minute ago, EmilC said:

Regarding the "Help From My Friends" video. Just think for a moment and put your tin foil hat on.. The big10 and college football in general is a big business with mucho money involved. How could they possible allow their golden egg, OSU, lose to PSU and be out of the playoffs. OSU needed to win and win big against a mediocre PSU team but had to settle for a close one instead. A win by PSU would have brought nothing into the coffers of the Big 10.

Tin foil hat off

But you wear it so well.  :lol:

42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Then they shouldn't be ranked 15 going in. 

Huh? Alabama will be at least a 14 point favorite over Washington the #4 team in the country after winning its 25th in a row. Makes perfect sense they would be 24 points over the 15th ranked team. 

35 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

PSU has big play capability.  Now what will CFP committee do?

Trace McSorley did a much better job of accepting the MVP trophy than Connor Cook.

PSU beat OSU and beat MSU more easily than OSU did. IMO, they deserve to be in the CFP.

We have the complete resume's now.  I wanted to be first to say Penn State is in, Ohio State is out, but I can't do that now.

You beat me to it.  :emotion-21:

+++

The real question is who goes to the Rose Bowl, Michigan or Ohio State?  Surely not Wisconsin, right?

• Like 1

IMO, PSU should replace OSU in the CFP and OSU should be in the Rose Bowl.  That said, I expect the CFP to have OSU at number 4, with Alabama, Clemson and Washington 1-3, respectively.  If that is the case, PSU goes to Rose Bowl.

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Michigan play Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Michigan play Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl.  

I'm not sure but I think WMU is earmarked for the Cotton Bowl.  Do we have an opponent for them yet?  WMU certainly threw a monkey wrench into the rankings this year by having a magnificent year and going undefeated.

The committee's job is picking the 4 BEST teams. I see it as Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Washington. Does Penn State deserve to be there? Maybe so, but I don't think Penn State beats Ohio State in a game Saturday. I guess we'll see what they decide soon enough.