college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

All things college football in 2016, open ended topic. 

Frankly my favorite part of of football is halftime.  I love the bands, I love the music.  Don't be afraid to single out your favorite marching band.  I love playing band music through my Klipsch speakers!

FYI, I already know who has the best marching band in the country, and although I love my WVU Mountaineer Marching Band who I would put in the top ten, it ain't us.  Does anybody want to nominate a band for "best in class?"  There are a bunch of good bands I like, but the best band I can almost guarantee you've never heard of.

west-virginia-mountaineers-helmet-logo-p

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio State is beating Oklahoma like a red-headed step child, 35-17 at half. 

Did you see the OSU touchdown right before the half?  The receiver was covered perfectly so the the OSU receiver PINNED THE BALL with one hand to the defenders back as they both were falling out of bounds.  Touchdown.   :o

Catch Of The Year, so far.  Incredible. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

All kinds of good college football to watch. That Louisville QB is awesome!

Lamar Jackson, now dubbed Action Jackson, is the 2016 incarnation of Johnny Football.

Alabama, still top of the mountain in a barn burner over Ole Miss.

I'm not so sure.  I think the conservative football poll voters are not yet willing to dump the media darlings Alabama just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we had a new #1 from Kentucky.  Louisville has the best win over a top team this year.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Lots of sad Notre Dame faces around town today.....awwwwww.....

OSU and Michigan looked awesome as well as Michigan State.  The top 10 is shaping up nicely for this season.  Since Bama just squeaked out a win, should they really be #1?  For the Big Ten, bad news down the road.  OSU, Michigan and Michigan State will all clash to late in the season that two of them will most likely get knocked out of any chance for a national title.

As much as I love the Maize and Blue, MSU and OSU both looked much more "mature" at this early point in the season, especially against other very good teams.  Harbaugh must know something about the Michigan QB, Wilton Speight, that the rest of us don't know, to have kept him in the game after the absolutely awful first half that he had.  Really surprised that Harbaugh didn't pull him in favor of John O'Korn.

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

"but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we had a new #1 from Kentucky" :rolleyes:

So you think there are voters that will vote against Bama? I don't think so.

The smart money is betting on your side. 

Still, a team who has scored 60+ points per game in the first three games, and who beat a top-two national championship contender by 42 points?

Hmm.  We are about to see if style points do matter.   B)