college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

The committee's job is picking the 4 BEST teams. I see it as Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Washington. Does Penn State deserve to be there? Maybe so, but I don't think Penn State beats Ohio State in a game Saturday. I guess we'll see what they decide soon enough.

If OSU played PSU ten times, they would probably win 6 or more out of 10.  The Buckeyes are probably a better team than the Nittany Lions.  The problem is, Ohio State had an opportunity to prove that on a Saturday and failed; PSU 24 - OSU 21.

PSU should be 4th team in.  OSU should be the 1st team out.  The champions of four of the Power Five conferences would be in the CFP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Wait a minute, is it most deserving 4  teams or 4 best teams? I'm confused again. :)

Deciding who is the better team irrespective of actual on-field results is dangerous.  It is not hard to envision a CFP championship game where Alabama could lose, due to bad breaks, injuries , questionable officiating, etc. Nonetheless, it would be wrong to override the on-field result to declare Alabama the champion, because they are clearly the better team, despite the fact that Alabama is clearly the best team right now.

Football would become as subjective as synchronized swimming.

Oh football is already highly subjective, no doubt about that. The committee IS picking who they THINK is the best 4 teams. Nothing has been proven by anybody. It's all subjective. At the end of it all though, most people apparently agree with the committee's collective opinion.

Come on, let's be realistic. The powers that be want to see the matchup that is going to bring in the most revenue for the national championship game. And who would that be? Alabama and Ohio State, no question about it. Penn State? No. Clemson? No. Washington? No. Once again, the system needs an overhaul, it's still screwed up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on that logic Michigan will make the top 4, right? I don't think so.

Realistically, I think Ohio State is a better football team right now than Penn State. Don't you?

How did low $ producer Clemson make it to the championship game last year? Because they were a top 4 team and got in the playoffs. 

And now the announcement you've all been waiting for:  (or was that just me?)

Mountaineers to play in Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando.

West Virginia is heading to Orlando to play in the Russell Athletic Bowl, all parties announced this afternoon. The Mountaineers will take on ACC opponent - and former Big East rival - Miami

We Mountaineers like to flee to sunny Florida in December.  This is a win/win for us.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Western Michigan vs. Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl...We'll see how the Bronco's can handle the BIG boys.....

Well, good for WMU for making a major bowl.  That will be a HUGE paycheck (in the millions) for them, even though I'm sure they will have to share it with conference teams.

I don't know how motivated Wisconsin will be.  If they show up and decide to flex their muscles this could turn into a channel-flipping game before the first half is over.

• Like 1

According to The Detroit News, the Badgers are 7 point favorites over the Broncos.  Western will be lucky to cover the spread, but I hope they do.

Pardon the familiarity, but around here when you say "Western" everyone understands that you're referring to Western Michigan University.

7 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

After watching Clemson I think Ohio State has a very tough battle.

JJK

Ohio State's offensive line will get shredded by Clemson.  Penn State did it to them, and so did Michigan, and Clemson is a better team that both of them.