college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

Who would have tought that the Tide would have this much trouble with Texas A&M.  Sore in the 3rd quarter 14-13 A&M up by 1.  Is it time for a new #1 in the polls this week.  Who needs that target on their back every week.

Say what ?

25 minutes ago, teaman said:

Man, Michigan sure looks good this year. I think Ohio State is about the only challenge left for them.

I would love to see them win it this year.

Tim

Tough road games ahead for my Wolverines.  If they can stay healthy, it should be a fun ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Tough road games ahead for my Wolverines.  If they can stay healthy, it should be a fun ride.

They sure are a different team since Harbaugh took over. I mean three quarterbacks, six running backs. Depth on top of depth. Indeed this will be a fun season

Tim

I don't want to be an expert on the internet, but I kind of wondered if the Buckeyes might be the first top 4 team to choke because they have not been dominating lately.   Still, who would have seen them going down due to a blocked FG in the last few minutes that was returned for a game-winning touchdown?  :blink:

My 12th ranked Mountaineers are rolling merrily along beating a high scoring TCU.  The Mountaineers feature a pretty good defense, a consistent offense and marginal special teams, in particular kick returns.  They don't look like world beaters just yet but credit where credit is due with a 6-0 record.  They will be favored in their final 6 games except for #9 Baylor, to be played at Mountaineer Field in the last game of the regular season.

+++

Is anybody following Oklahoma and Texas Tech?  They are scoring points like it's an NBA All-star game!  :lol:  Currently OK is up 66-59, with several national records set for offense, combined yards, TT has 734 yards passing.  Unreal.

The Tide beat the 6th ranked team in the country by 19. Don't think they're gonna drop in the polls. :)

Ohio State? Now that's another matter. Penn State was unranked handing the Buckeyes their first loss of the season.

Clemson back to #2 I guess?

WEEK 9 - POLLS

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

• Michigan up to #2.  That seems about right.
  • Ohio State dropped 4 places to #6 in the AP Poll, doesn't seem like enough of a drop.  The Coaches Poll ranked them #8 which does seem like the proper drop.
  • Washington at #4 and now in the Playoffs?  I'm not a believer.
  • My Mountaineers at #10?  There are three 1-loss teams in front of them.  WVU has a good 6-0 record and looks solid, not great.
  • Undefeated Western Michigan at #20?  I don't think they would beat any of the 5 teams ranked below them, North Carolina, Navy, Colorado, Penn State, Virginia Tech.  One sports writer has WM playing WVU in the Cotton Bowl!
  • Houston dropped from #11 ALL THE WAY OUT of the top 25!  :o
  •  
  • Penn State jumped into the Top 25 based on their blocked field goal returned for a TD to beat Ohio State.  Cool.  B)
  • Like 2

I've seen a few highlights of Washington making big plays on inferior opponents but I've never watched an entire game.  There is no doubt though, they score lots of points and people don't score on them, they are in the top ten for points both offensively and defensively.

They jumped up in the rankings early in the season due to thumping highly ranked Stanford and after the Cardinal has proven to be overrated the AP voters haven't adjusted accordingly to the weaker strength of schedule (49th place!). 

Alabama has the 8th toughest SOS, Michigan has SOS of 18th.  Third ranked Clemson has the 3rd toughest SOS.

Note:  Everybody seems to have their own version of how to calculate SOS so the following link is not official.  I would take the rankings with a grain of salt.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, JL Sargent said:

Leonard Fornette, what a freakin beast he was yesterday. 270 yds rushing?

284 yds. rushing' over 300 all-purpose yds. Don't get in his way. Notice how he aims for the defender. He rolled him.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football/watch-leonard-fournette-destroys-ole-miss-safety-deontay-anderson/66369943/

He had been out for 4 weeks with an ankle injury. In the post game interview he said he was out of shape. He'll be in shape for the November 5 homer with Bama. CBS 7PM game.