Altec Mantaray

colterphoto1

MRII594A_hfhorn_spec_sheet.pdf

Altec MR II 594 horns/ 908-8 drivers.  Got these from a gymnasium installation, had bird cage wire around horn mouth, which has been removed and they're all very clean maybe a few marks around bolt holes. Have total of 3 pairs for sale. Some reading on these shows that they were Altec's answer to the beaminess of the old 811b/511b, which Klipsch lovers have used for years as replacements in the LaScala cabinet. Drivers are updated of older Altec 288, with a more shatter-proof diaphragm, intended for more modern rock and roll use, and with the tangerine phase plug, better yet. I'm going to keep one pair for possible use with my own A7 rebuilds, just to have something more modern to compare to my 511b horns. Think of this as Klipsch's moving from the K400 horn to K510 Jubilee horn, only in Altec brand. 

Asking $250/matched pair, I've taken ohm readings on them all. Pickup in Indy or could ship. 

P9010005.JPG

P9010004.JPG

P9010003.JPG

P9010002.JPG

P9010001.JPG

MRII594A_hfhorn_spec_sheet.pdf

Altec 908.jpg

• Like 1